- Aug 16, 2014
As most people on here I am looking for support/comfort/answers for my poor little friend. On August 10th Trust my cat came up from one of his hiding spots(after some coaxing from my wife) once there something was wrong poor guy was struggling breathing, gums and nose as white as could be and at one point looked as is he may have passed away. We rushed him to the local animal hospital where they informed us he was very anemic his red blood present was 8% and were told we had three options a blood transfusion, go home on some steroids and hope for the best, or put him down. Our decision was the blood transfusion. He came home on Tuesday with a red blood count of 24% he is prescribed a steroid and was told to bring him back to our local vet to get rechecked every few days. Since then he has had two checks the first he dropped to 18% and second 16.5%. We ar e bringing him back Monday for another recheck, and have been told if still dropping may have to look at another transfusion. I just feel so lost right now. He's acting fine as of now which is encouraging but knowing according to his counts he's not getting better yet. Just wondering if anyone out there has gone through this and can offer me any advise encouragement.