Among The Stars

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After the summer holidays a cat turned up at my daughter's school. I stayed distant, even when she told me the cat really wanted to come into the school. The last cat I took in that was roaming the school still lives here and we have so many cats.
During the week the entire town came into action, searching for the owner of this cat. It had been raining a lot and last Thursday I caved. I would take the cat in and look after her until her owner coudl be found.
I drove to the school and what do you know, no cat. Later that evening a woman came to the door for a good cause and lo and behold....the cat!
I brought her inside, fed her and warmed her. She was sickly so I planned to take her to a vet the next day.
Friday word got out her owner might have been found and she was going to come in the afternoon. We shared pictures because I actually wanted to take the cat to the vet but if it was their cat, they might not like that. But it was a 90% chance it was their cat so I waited until the woman could come by.
When she came it was their cat and she took her home and to her own vet. Pneumonia and weightloss so kitty, who was called Rosa, got medication.
Then around dinnertime I got a message that Rosa had been put down....she could hardly breath, threw up and wailed...devastated...:bawling:
received_1638326862868184.jpeg

This morning while driving my paperround I found a black and white cat who was hit by a car...

Bit depressed now, neither of these cats were mine but I mourn for them.....
Rosa and unknown kitty, rip:sigh:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I mourn and say a quick prayer for every cat I see on the road, they deserved so much more. From the tiny black kitten I just saw yesterday, it hardly made a spot on the road, to the beautiful calico I carefully carried to the curb a few years ago, in a neighborhood that I know had someone wondering where she was, they all bring a sinking to my stomach and a tear to my eye. It come to the point I even hesitate to travel, almost every time I see one on the side of the road, there are so many feral and homeless. I cried for the fawns and the baby raccoons that were milling around their dead mother too.
It's easy to get depressed, but that means we care, we care that the animal had to die because of an inattentive driver, or the bad luck to dart across the road at the wrong time. We have a heart that mourns each and every one. I get angry when I see people texting on the road, I had to honk yesterday at someone over the line and in my lane, we had someone almost head on in our lane on the highway last week, still texting as they went by! We then watched as they drifted over the line on the way up the hill we had just passed, thankful they didn't meet anyone on the top.
I'll keep your little Rosa and that unknown kitty in my thoughts and prayers, it helps to know that someone cares, it is sad to leave this world with no one to remember.
RIP beautiful Rosa and sweet black and white, you will have a place in a heart that will honor your memory!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad that some of them have such a tough life here on Earth, I hate when I see ones hit by cars or just wandering around as strays, I wish they all could get good homes but there are just so so many of them, but you did a good thing but that is a shame.

God Bless all the strays and unwanted, may they find love and warmth and shelter and care in the next life....:rbheart: :angel:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Rosa and Little Unknown, dream you deep.

These stories are why the song "Bless the Beasts and the Children" always makes me cry.

"Bless The Beasts And The Children"

Bless the beasts and the children
For in this world they have no voice
They have no choice

For the world can never be
The world they see

Light their way when the darkness surrounds them
And give them love, let it shine all around them

Give them shelter from the storm
Keep them safe, keep them warm