Am I overreacting?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Still struggling with getting Twyla back to eating after this last vet visit. She turned up her nose at both wet and dry food yesterday evening, overnight and this morning. She ate baby food last night and a couple of Temptations purées this morning as well as about a quarter of a can of wet food with phos-bind added (not a low phos food). I gave her a couple of pieces of Hooper’s dry food as a test which she gobbled up (of course, because she is not allowed). I know she would eat probably eat a serving of that If I gave it to her but I’m not going down that road because the phosphorus level is way too high. She has had 2 doses of Mirataz 36 hours apart that haven’t done much and has had Cerenia two days in a row.

Prior to the vet visit she had an excellent appetite with a weekly “boost” from the Mirataz so this is not normal for her.I’m hoping she will get excited over the prescription food when it gets here since she loved the sample.

We are having severe weather today which likely isn’t helping. I am taking a work from home day though plan to run out to get more baby food and some Fortiflora as an appetite enhancer. I am praying this is just a bump in the road and not the start of a serious decline.

Her attitude is good and she’s being very snuggly with the weather.
Weather plays a significant role I'm sure- you in the States? Might I mention during an eclipse animals get very screwy! True

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weather plays a significant role I'm sure- you in the States? Might I mention during an eclipse animals get very screwy! True
It has been cloudy and rainy since yesterday and severe weather forecast for tomorrow. Yes, in southern US. Twyla always hides when it storms, so that can disrupt her routine. I was home sick today, except for a trip out to get chicken soup for me and things to entice Twyla. She has made baby steps today - ate maybe a tablespoon of dry food with Fortiflora and a bit of wet food. Still a ways to go to her normal intake but at least it’s a start.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been cloudy and rainy since yesterday and severe weather forecast for tomorrow. Yes, in southern US. Twyla always hides when it storms, so that can disrupt her routine. I was home sick today, except for a trip out to get chicken soup for me and things to entice Twyla. She has made baby steps today - ate maybe a tablespoon of dry food with Fortiflora and a bit of wet food. Still a ways to go to her normal intake but at least it’s a start.
Glad to hear she is making steps forward- I think between the Vet visit and bad weather her anxiety got the best of her ....I'm sorry you were sick but on the other hand your day off probably helped her to get back in the swing of things,sweet girl- prayers for Twyla❤

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is back to eating well. The Fortiflora topper did the trick! Such a relief!

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy, I hate the picky eating days. I broke down and gave her some moderate phosphorus wet food with binder to get her jump started. It’s been a good couple of weeks though. She mostly likes her prescription dry but is very hit or miss on wet foods. She only gets a half a can at a time since she is a nibbles and she always turns away the second half, even if I sit it out to reach room temperature first.

Earlier this week she devoured half a can of prescription tuna pate, but hasn’t touched any of it since.