Am I Imagining It?

andieg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Toupee was in decline - Himalayan male approx 15+/-, part feral, in and out into an enclosed patio designed for him.
Hardly eating, hardly wanting to be touched, dementia worsened, bottom wet after urinating, increased sleeping, sceetching at night. After communicating with him and then confirming it with a professional communicator, he said he's tired of being in his body but not time yet.
Then after a couple of weeks (coincidence when I started a new meditation/chant) he perked up - back to leaning on me and having me rub him, eating more but still not much although very inactive, and I thought I must have imagined his decline.
The night screeching continues, and when he isn't sleeping he needs to have me near him at all times, some worse days with dementia.
I just noticed he is urinating frequently - but no sounds so not acting like he's in pain. The cod I cook for him has a bit of water in it but no different then the years and months before cooking for him.
I've been through this with other cats but this time I can't tell if I'm imagining it, or if this is the normal progression and wondering how long does this go on for - will there all of a sudden be a quickening decline or can it be gradual or is there no way to tell?
Any help appreciated.

mewcatmew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
> After communicating with him and then confirming it with a professional communicator, he said he's tired of being in his body but not time yet.

You need a veterinary medical professional to help determine if your animal is uncomfortable or in pain.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you and your kitty are going through this. Can you take him to a vet? Kidney issues are common in older cats, and can alter litterbox habits, so I think that's something to ask a vet about, and they'll probably have other tests to run as well.

Is all his food cod? Without the vitamins and minerals in cat food, if you don't supplement, a vitamin deficiency is another possibility to discuss with a vet.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heart that some low lights helps cats with dementia not feel so lost during the night. I would still take him to the vet to make sure he isn't hurting.