Alnutrin Vs Tcfeline Vs Ezcomplete

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she is still hanging in there- question- I just made a batch of alnutrin - is it supposed to smell like farts?
Good to hear! I only used alnutrin once but I remember when I was grinding my own vitamins the b complex vitamin was a bit funky smelling.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she is still hanging in there- question- I just made a batch of alnutrin - is it supposed to smell like farts?
It's probably the liver! (Compared to EZ Complete, Alnutrin doesn't smell like much to me but it does have a slight liver scent...)

I'm also glad to hear she's still hanging in there! I hope she likes the Alnutrin!

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's probably the liver! (Compared to EZ Complete, Alnutrin doesn't smell like much to me but it does have a slight liver scent...)

I'm also glad to hear she's still hanging in there! I hope she likes the Alnutrin!
Thank you- but neither one of my cats will even go near it- I just spent $60 on it and they hate it... :( darn it

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you- but neither one of my cats will even go near it- I just spent $60 on it and they hate it... :( darn it
Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're going to keep trying, though: our cats were very hesitant about EZ Complete when I first made it but did try and eat it after circling for a while. Some cats are slower than others to really get into raw and/or homemade foods.

If you haven't already tried it, maybe putting some treats or a bit of familiar food on top would help?

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're going to keep trying, though: our cats were very hesitant about EZ Complete when I first made it but did try and eat it after circling for a while. Some cats are slower than others to really get into raw and/or homemade foods.

If you haven't already tried it, maybe putting some treats or a bit of familiar food on top would help?
Yes, I definitely will- we were doing fine on Dr Pierson's raw recipe since June - until just recently- I'm not sure what happened, but they both just quit eating it- so now I have a sick, senior girl who really needs to eat, but is struggling, so I want her to have good quality food, but she only eats a tiny bit about 5 times a day- I was hoping she would like this- we will keep trying tho! :)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I mentioned earlier in this thread that mine liked the EZ Complete. Well, that was then, this is now. I still alternate Dr. Pierson’s recipe with turkey or rabbit with EZ Complete, but Mocha has decided she isn’t thrilled with the EZ batches. When I feed them an EZ meal, I add one of three things to the top of Mocha’s: bonito flakes, crumbled freeze-dried Stella & Chewy’s Duck Duck Goose, or crushed Northwest Natural freeze-dried pork liver treats. She always cleans her bowl. If I don’t add a topper, she walks away.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned earlier in this thread that mine liked the EZ Complete. Well, that was then, this is now. I still alternate Dr. Pierson’s recipe with turkey or rabbit with EZ Complete, but Mocha has decided she isn’t thrilled with the EZ batches. When I feed them an EZ meal, I add one of three things to the top of Mocha’s: bonito flakes, crumbled freeze-dried Stella & Chewy’s Duck Duck Goose, or crushed Northwest Natural freeze-dried pork liver treats. She always cleans her bowl. If I don’t add a topper, she walks away.
Cats can get bored so easily! I also always put something on top of our cats' food, usually chicken Pure Bites. (I need to restock the Northwest Naturals!)

Our cats are really enjoying Alnutrin, probably because the novelty hasn't worn off. They get one meal a day each of Alnutrin and EZ.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sad to say, she didn't make it. My beloved baby girl died on Palm Sunday, I miss her so much- it feels like someone ripped a hole in my heart.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I am sad to say, she didn't make it. My beloved baby girl died on Palm Sunday, I miss her so much- it feels like someone ripped a hole in my heart.
Oh, no. I’m so sorry to hear that. So painful. :(

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this news, socal_nana! It's so hard to lose a cat and so often that happens after intense efforts, like you made, that make it hurt all the more. :redheartpump:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
socal_nana socal_nana we're all so very sorry for your loss. :rbheart:
You were blessed to have had each other.
We have a crossing the bridge forum where you may like to place a tribute to your lovely girl.

.................. :greenpaw: :rbheart: :butterfly: :rbheart: :purplebutterfly: :rbheart: :butterfly: :rbheart: :butterfly: :rbheart: :purplebutterfly: :rbheart: :butterfly: :rbheart: :bluepaw: