Alnutrin Vs Tcfeline Vs Ezcomplete

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi socal_nana socal_nana

What kind of protein do you use? I was wondering if you are only making Chicken it could be just plain boredom? I normally make Chicken, Rabbit, Turkey and Pork based on Dr.P recipe. Sometimes mine prefer certain protein over the others.

Hope your kitties enjoy Alnutrin :goodluck:
Hi Chikitties- I have predominately used chicken thighs- some turkey. - here in SoCal it's really hard to source rabbit or duck- I did try Darwin's Natural premade raw in turkey, lamb and chicken- they were not impressed, good thing because they are very expensive! - I just don't know

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have!! I tried the Fortiflora, bacon grease(!), chicken broth, you name it! The old girl transitioned just fine, then the last 2 batches they just will not eat- I threw it all away thinking it was bad- even though it was the same exact recipe(they have been on Catinfo.org recipe just fine for months... I don't want them to eat canned food- I hope the Alnutrin works also! Thank you :)
Same exact recipe you say? Do you only feed chicken? I'm thinking you might just need to add more protein to their lives. I feed chicken, turkey and rabbit for raw and so far it's keeping my boy satisfied.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Can I use the frozen rabbit from the market? Or do I have to source it fresh? I mean, I can get turkey, but rabbit may be harder...
PS your boy looks like my boy

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Can I use the frozen rabbit from the market? Or do I have to source it fresh? I mean, I can get turkey, but rabbit may be harder...
PS your boy looks like my boy
Aww he is adorable! And they do look alike. :) Both little cuties.

Well for chicken I follow the catinfo.org recipe. For turkey I actually use boneless turkey with liver plus alnutrin with eggshell calcium. All my kitties like the turkey and alnutrin recipe, your cat may like it too! Do you have access to rabbit from the local market? Are they whole rabbit? Rabbit is a little more difficult to find and work with so I actually just buy the grinds from Hare Today. But as mentioned on catinfo.org rabbit has a bit too much bone so you have to mix it in with boneless meat. I like keeping my recipes strictly single protein so I buy the boneless rabbit meat from hare today as well. But dr. Pierson likes to mix boneless chicken into it. You can think about whether you want to get into rabbit or not but in the meantime I highly recommend looking into turkey! Boneless is preferable because most grinders can't handle turkey bone since it's so hard.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I have the Tasin grinder, definitely not Turkey bone friendly... I'm hoping they will like the Alnutrin, it seems they lost interest in the "from scratch" food when I bought a new bottle of B vitamin- maybe not stinky enough?? Lol I will try Turkey tho, thanks for your help everyone!!

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww he is adorable! And they do look alike. :) Both little cuties.

Well for chicken I follow the catinfo.org recipe. For turkey I actually use boneless turkey with liver plus alnutrin with eggshell calcium. All my kitties like the turkey and alnutrin recipe, your cat may like it too! Do you have access to rabbit from the local market? Are they whole rabbit? Rabbit is a little more difficult to find and work with so I actually just buy the grinds from Hare Today. But as mentioned on catinfo.org rabbit has a bit too much bone so you have to mix it in with boneless meat. I like keeping my recipes strictly single protein so I buy the boneless rabbit meat from hare today as well. But dr. Pierson likes to mix boneless chicken into it. You can think about whether you want to get into rabbit or not but in the meantime I highly recommend looking into turkey! Boneless is preferable because most grinders can't handle turkey bone since it's so hard.
Which rabbit grinds do you buy from Hare today?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which rabbit grinds do you buy from Hare today?
Product | Hare Today

Are you located in socal? If so maybe this one might give you better shipping results.

Ground

Once you start on the turkey for a bit you can reintroducing the chicken diet and switch off between the 2 proteins. I'll feed turkey one day, next day chicken and the next day rabbit.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good idea, It seems they are put of the rabbit, but I will get some turkey and some duck- do I add the alnutrin to this fine grind of bones and organs, or do I just feed them the meat?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea, It seems they are put of the rabbit, but I will get some turkey and some duck- do I add the alnutrin to this fine grind of bones and organs, or do I just feed them the meat?
You should request restock notification. It works well. If you buy the grind with organs and bones you should use alnutrin without calcium. If you just got the meat grind make sure to add liver to your order and use alnutrin with eggshell calcium.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should request restock notification. It works well. If you buy the grind with organs and bones you should use alnutrin without calcium. If you just got the meat grind make sure to add liver to your order and use alnutrin with eggshell calcium.
Thank you! I just received the Alnutrin with calcium, I will get some turkey and livers tomorrow- My senior girl isn't looking so happy lately, I pray it's not rainbow time :( I want to make sure she gets all she needs, nutritionally- she was doing great the first 6 months of Dr Pierson's recipe (using only poultry), but then all of a sudden she seemed old, and not interested in food- but my other cat also lost interest at the same time, making me think the food was "bad". Now, neither one of them wants very much of any food, even their crack (fancy feast)- I will try a different protein before I worry any further.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I just received the Alnutrin with calcium, I will get some turkey and livers tomorrow- My senior girl isn't looking so happy lately, I pray it's not rainbow time :( I want to make sure she gets all she needs, nutritionally- she was doing great the first 6 months of Dr Pierson's recipe (using only poultry), but then all of a sudden she seemed old, and not interested in food- but my other cat also lost interest at the same time, making me think the food was "bad". Now, neither one of them wants very much of any food, even their crack (fancy feast)- I will try a different protein before I worry any further.
Aw I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you taken her to the vet for a bloodtest? Poor girl. I hope she perks up with the new food.

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you taken her to the vet for a bloodtest? Poor girl. I hope she perks up with the new food.
No I haven't, It's so traumatic for her to travel anywhere- she gets sick and so scared- and no way could I afford a mobile vet...I will try the new food first, if she doesn't perk up pretty quick, I will take her. She is my one and only foster fail- I found her at 2 weeks old, my bottle baby-

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi socal_nana socal_nana

I am so sorry to hear about your senior girl! Sorry if you already checked/know, but just in case, is mobile vet really more expensive than office vet? I am only talking based on my own experience. I am in Midwest, used two mobile vets, and their price were not much higher than office vet. $68 vs $75 for exam, $179 vs. $195 (* this one included T4) on blood work. Of course everything must be a lot more expensive in CA ... :petcat:

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi socal_nana socal_nana

I am so sorry to hear about your senior girl! Sorry if you already checked/know, but just in case, is mobile vet really more expensive than office vet? I am only talking based on my own experience. I am in Midwest, used two mobile vets, and their price were not much higher than office vet. $68 vs $75 for exam, $179 vs. $195 (* this one included T4) on blood work. Of course everything must be a lot more expensive in CA ... :petcat:
I took her Friday, she has a large tumor on her liver, she only has a few days to live :( Oh I am dying inside

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys. I am going to try CBD oil for her- I have read that it can shrink tumors...she is worth it ♥

socal_nana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, she is still hanging in there- question- I just made a batch of alnutrin - is it supposed to smell like farts?