Allergies And Steroids?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most likely. Though I know he will be terrified the whole time. And he only licked it a bit and went away :(
Ugh!!!! What to do???? I am so sorry you guys!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through a tense 6 months trying to figure out what my cat was allergic to (chicken & dairy, ?fleas & plastic maybe?) I did a complete diet change and then treated the fleas. Perhaps your vet can tell you of a chicken free (chicken being a common allergy) wet food to try feeding him exclusively, then if he balances out try his dry food to see if he is allergic? It is a long process, hang in there. :vibes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Friday he was scratching pretty good. So I went back to 3mg of his allergy meds and things are better today.
Is the increased dosage continuing to help? I guess cats allergies can come on later in life :dunno:. Or maybe different things are growing outdoors now than in previous years? Hard to know. But if Runt is improving with the higher dosage, this is a good sign that it's not food related, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittensx4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the increased dosage continuing to help? I guess cats allergies can come on later in life :dunno:. Or maybe different things are growing outdoors now than in previous years? Hard to know. But if Runt is improving with the higher dosage, this is a good sign that it's not food related, right?
Good point! Yes the higher dosage helped. I am going to continue 3 mg. My vet did say they have seen a real uptick in pet allergies this year since we had a oddly mild winter and equally strange spring with things coming up an blooming at unusual times. I'm in NW Ohio by the way.