All-natural cat litter recommendations? With a catch...

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just made an expensive mistake. I bought a 40-lb bag of Naturally Fresh clumping walnut cat litter off of Amazon for about $40 only to find that my CRAZY food-obsessed cat is OBSESSED with EATING THE WALNUT LITTER, EVEN AFTER PEEING IN IT! I'm so upset. I had to take the litter box, dump the walnut litter back into its container, and refill with a temporary solution- pine flakes, which are messy and a pain to deal with, but yet a natural litter that he won't EAT!

So, now I have to figure out how to get all this walnut litter back in the bag it came in, secure it in the package, and ship it back to Amazon on Sunday in order to receive my refund. I really don't want to use clumping clay litter for Boaz because I've heard that clumping clay litter has cancer-causing and other health-impacting ingredients. I'd use pine pellets, but despite what other pine pellet users say, I've had major problems with pine pellets leaving my room constantly smelling of pee-saturated pellets. If the only all-natural options I have are ones that either leave my room constantly stinky or are ones that my cat wants to eat, I may not have any other choice but to go back to clumping clay litter. Any advice you have is much appreciated!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So, now I have to figure out how to get all this walnut litter back in the bag it came in, secure it in the package, and ship it back to Amazon on Sunday in order to receive my refund. I really don't want to use clumping clay litter for Boaz because I've heard that clumping clay litter has cancer-causing and other health-impacting ingredients. I'd use pine pellets, but despite what other pine pellet users say, I've had major problems with pine pellets leaving my room constantly smelling of pee-saturated pellets. If the only all-natural options I have are ones that either leave my room constantly stinky or are ones that my cat wants to eat, I may not have any other choice but to go back to clumping clay litter. Any advice you have is much appreciated!
Can zip tie be a solution to secure the bag for return?

I'm also done with clumping clay litter for almost 7 years and I made the switch over to Tofu Clay Litter. You can read the whole transition here on why and how :- A Documentation on the Transition from Clay Litter to Tofu Cat Litter for my boy

Besides Tofu Cat Litter, there are also other materials used to make this. It could be from pea or grass. Have a read and do a research on which way you want to go. I have no regrets switching over to Tofu Cat litter for my boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for those ideas. I probably can't do tofu since that's a food, too, LOL. I'm glad it worked for your cat!