Aggressive 1yr old

Nena

PAPABEAR IS MY LIFE
Kitten
Purraise
My 1yr old male cat papabear was snipped last month. Prior to that he loved to be petted. Now he tries to bite any where he can. When you walk pass him, he goes for your feet. The only time he allows me to touch him, is when I come home from work. After that he comes back to being aggressive. :(

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is strange because usually they become calmer after neuter but it takes 6 months for the hormones to drop I have heard. I recommend getting another young male cat/ kitten who he can wrestle/ play with and see if it helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nena

PAPABEAR IS MY LIFE
Kitten
Purraise
That is strange because usually they become calmer after neuter but it takes 6 months for the hormones to drop I have heard. I recommend getting another young male cat/ kitten who he can wrestle/ play with and see if it helps.
That's what I thought as well. However, he is just not the same cat. I also read somewhere where it says this can also be a sign of being in pain. I'm going to see how this weekend goes, Monday if still aggressive I will take him to the vet. I'm so sad. He was so loveable now he seems just annoyed with me. 🥺 One time out if the day he will show me love.

Nena

PAPABEAR IS MY LIFE
Kitten
Purraise
That's what I thought as well. However, he is just not the same cat. I also read somewhere where it says this can also be a sign of being in pain. I'm going to see how this weekend goes, Monday if still aggressive I will take him to the vet. I'm so sad. He was so loveable now he seems just annoyed with me. 🥺 One time out if the day he will show me love.
Also can't get another cat. I'm moving and they only allow one pet.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it can be a sign of pain. He could have smelled a scent on you or elsewheree that upset him as well.A trip to dvm is a gold idea to rule out other causes. Maybe some calming treatments will help him. Can you exercise him more?

Last edited:

Nena

PAPABEAR IS MY LIFE
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it can be a sign of pain. He could have smelled a scent on you or elsewheree that upset him as well.A trip to dvm is a gold idea to rule out other causes. Maybe some calming treatments will help him. Can you exercise him more?
I normally use the same perfume. I'm not around other pets. And I was thinking of those calming treats as well. Are there any you would suggest? I'm really sad 😔 he's like my baby. He's been indoor cat since baby. He runs through the whole house from the moment I walk thru the door till I tell him it's time for bed. He sleeps with me on the bed. I just hope he wasn't mistreated when he got snipped. But, I'm hoping it's nothing health wise either.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally use the same perfume. I'm not around other pets. And I was thinking of those calming treats as well. Are there any you would suggest? I'm really sad 😔 he's like my baby. He's been indoor cat since baby. He runs through the whole house from the moment I walk thru the door till I tell him it's time for bed. He sleeps with me on the bed. I just hope he wasn't mistreated when he got snipped. But, I'm hoping it's nothing health wise either.

Maybe the ones with the green tea ingredient, you could try cbd oil and pheromones, rescue remedy. And meds if those don’t help. It could be in time he is just spooked and the neuter triggered something so in time he will be back to his old self.

Nena

PAPABEAR IS MY LIFE
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe the ones with the green tea ingredient, you could try cbd oil and pheromones, rescue remedy. And meds if those don’t help. It could be in time he is just spooked and the neuter triggered something so in time he will be back to his old self.
Thank you so much. I love this site. I'm new but, this site is truly amazing.