Affordable Fish Free Wet Food?

bcrossan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are there any wet foods without fish, but are in the "cheap" price range? I'm low income and can't really swing the more pricey name brands. But need to try getting my cats off anything with fish as one of them may have an allergy to the salmon Purina One I have been giving them.

Not to mention, the same kitty also just had to have one of her anal sacs expressed and read that also could be related to food allergy. But for sure the excessive scratching and licking she's been doing came around the time I switched from Purina One with Chicken to the Salmon. But I also got hit with a flea issue around the same time and they have both been on Advantage 2... so hard to know which caused what problem.

My head is spinning.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes the topical flea med may cause allergy symptoms, and they last for months. I had one cat that lost almost all it's hair, it was HORRIBLE!
Friskies from Walmart is only 48 cents a can, and a good food. Others you'll just have to examine the ingredient label. MANY have fish added as a filler. Even those that just say chicken. Farm supply stores often have sales on their canned food, that is when I stock up. You can often get discounts online and free shipping. All the luck, and return and tell us what you find, I am always looking for cheaper food for my ferals!