Advice please

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Dora aprox 8 months got upmon my head this morning and started rooting around in my hair she proceeded to groom me then sunk her claws in and started eating the dandruff I have at the center of my head and above each ear and she was agressively pulling at my hair to get to the dandruff is this normal behavior none of my other cats do that one will lightly groom my head now and then but that's it..should I allow her to do this or do I stop it now so it doesn't get to be a habit??
IMG_20220216_212727310.jpg
IMG_20220216_212727310.jpg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
+1. Leaving aside hair care products and hairballs, if something freaks a cat out while its on your head, your going to get hurt, possibly significantly. Allowing cats to hang out on any delicate parts is an iffy decision imho, because you never know when even a generally calm cat will get scared by something unusual.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dora aprox 8 months got upmon my head this morning and started rooting around in my hair she proceeded to groom me then sunk her claws in and started eating the dandruff I have at the center of my head and above each ear and she was agressively pulling at my hair to get to the dandruff is this normal behavior none of my other cats do that one will lightly groom my head now and then but that's it..should I allow her to do this or do I stop it now so it doesn't get to be a habit?? View attachment 417501View attachment 417501
Unless your into pain and suffering, I would put a stop to this bad behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TCS has an article: Why Do Cats Lick, Chew or Eat Human Hair – TheCatSite Articles

I would start discouraging the behavior.
Thanks for the article as she just got her spay stitches out yesterday it could have to d with that as this is the first time she's done anything like it besides beating up a messy bun a couple weeks ago when I was sitting on the sofa this morning I had dozed off on a recliner when I woke to her eating my hair.