Advice On Removing Cat Hair From Cat Trees?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So my cats use to sleep a lot more in their cat trees, but they don't as much. I imagine part of the reason is because of all the hair on the cat trees. I use the tape rollers to remove hair from it. And while each time a lot of hair is on the tape, there is still too much hair left on the cat trees. Any advice?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
And while each time a lot of hair is on the tape, there is still too much hair left on the cat trees.
You can either use a vacuum cleaner or put a rubber glove and just wipe the surface of the cat tree and collect all the fur after wiping
or use a squeezee (not sure if it's spelt correctly) and use the rubber blade the way you use it to clean the windows.

Last two options are better as it does not requires electricity and don't make any noise and don't have to clean the vacuum cleaner bag.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I take off fur from the sofa, linens, etc using a clean damp cloth. You can try it also on the cat trees.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: I agree. I have used every cat hair remover known to man and what works best is a very squeezed out wet cloth. Bring it outside and shake it once in a while to get more use out of it. I use an old one and just throw it away when I'm done.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some vacuum cleaners have an attachment tool for pet hair. If yours doesn't, there are small handheld pet vacuum cleaners that would work.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just use a regular cat brush. Hair comes right up and you realize how MUCH hair is on the tree.
This is what I use. Some surfaces the wire bristle side is better, some surfaces the nylon brush bristle side is better.

Courtforshort27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat hair brushes do me no good. RUBBER GLOVES. They have been a literal God send!! Make sure they are the latex kind, and I like to buy a pack of reusable dishwashing gloves because they do a better job. I also use them to remove the hair from my couches and blankets and everything else. Depending on the type of fabric/material, it sometimes helps to lightly spray the surface with water before going over it with the gloves. Before I found this trick, I used to use their furminator cat brush on one of the more thicker carpeted trees, it pulled the hair right out!

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try dryer sheets too. That seems to work okay unless it is really matted in. In that case use some sort of brush or wash cloth. I use a combination of vacuum, brush, wash cloth, and dryer sheets.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our Kenmore vacuum came with a pet hair attachment. It does a very good job of getting pet hair out of carpet and off our cat trees.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only use lint rollers to remove cat hair from clothing. They are too expensive and loose their stickyness (sp) too quickly.

For a cat tree I would use a vacuum, damp cloth and rubber gloves.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser for dry messes (hair, dried food, litter)

Bissell Pet Stain Eraser for wet messes (vomit, pee, poop)

These two handhelds take care of most messes Krista can throw my way.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are various tools usually listed under something like "pet hair rake" made by various companies. Those have worked best for me.