Advice on intro of Mama/baby to Resident cat

Jackie&Louise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! You may have seen my other posts regarding my little Louise that I found pregnant a few months back. The plan was keep mama Louise and find furever homes for the kittens... well the babies are 10 weeks. 2/3 are in their new homes and adjusting fabulously. My last little baby (whom im in love with obviously) is still here. The home I've set up for her has fallen through. I could find her a new one fairly easily...buuut I would like to keep her.
However! I have one big concern that is keeping me from saying she's staying. I need to make sure my Jackie girl (resident cat) is happy too! I feel confident with a proper intro that Louise and Jackie will be good together. I wanted advice about having a kitten in the mix and see what you guys thought of that. I'm very familiar with the proper intro techniques and fully intend on keeping it verrry slow. They have been eating together on opposite sides of the door since I brought her in 11 weeks ago.
But yeah, do we think the smarter thing to do is find baby a home? do we think its possible for all 3 to get along? If so, do you have any tips for ex: should Jackie meet the kitten first or Louise first..things like that.

I just want all the kitties to be as happy as possible. And I want Jackie to have a friend, but if Louise and baby are already bonded that will pose an added challenge

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Where is the kitten when Louise and Jackie are eating on each side of door? Odds are Jackie can smell there is more than one cat on the other side of that door. Use the introduction techniques with the kitten on Louise' side. There is a good chance that if Jackie and Louise bond, the kitten won't be an issue, as along as Louise and the kitten are still getting along. I personally wouldn't separate the kitten from the introduction mix unless you see it start to be an issue.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard maternal hormones make this harder so maybe you should wait? This isn't really my area though, maybe FeebysOwner FeebysOwner or someone else might know more.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its possible for all 3 to get along yes, especially if all 3 are fixed. Hormones can cause issues lol.