Advice Needed To Make a Cat Room Interesting

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,
Recently I have had to separate my cats. Two have residency in the Master Bedroom now and the other is downstairs. The question I have is about making my bedroom into a cat friendly room. They are used to coming downstairs more often. Since a recent "redirected aggression" episode, I have followed advice from Vet and folks here and other behaviorists and separated them as directed by others with similar experiences. So far, I moved a nice recliner upstairs to sit with them. (What a chore moving that from downstairs!) But it is a familiar piece of furniture from the Living room. In
addition, I have Feliway diffusers and a few toys including a laser. There is a window with a view of trees and grass and birds that is accessible at the head of my bed. I sprinkle cat nip around. Also have the TV set to a nice peaceful screen saver. I sleep up there and spend about an average of 2 more hours a day with them but I need help! What else can I do?? ANY advice would be appreciated!
Best Regards to All. :) :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have room for a cat tree? Something that combines a bit of play with a bit of lounging.
I have been thinking about that! There is room, but would they use it? Any recommendations? Brands or names of these items that may have the best chance of success? Thank you! :sunshine:

Timewarpcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I liked the ones on chewy with the removable beds that can be washed in a washing machine. They're about $80. My cats strongly preferred the new multiplatform and enclosed cubby style in front of the window to the one I had made and just had platforms on one post.

I've had these for about 2 years. I'll have to replace the really popular one in a year or two. The covering is getting a little ragged.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is the one that Hekitty has, and adores:

1654581119336.png

It's a little expensive, but she loves it. She was a little shy at first, but I took her Da Bird, and flipped the feathers into the tree and fluttered them around, and she was up it in no time at all. Now she LIVES there when she isn't dozing in a sun puddle!

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where did you find this?? I love it. Thanks many purrrrsssss :angelcat:

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I liked the ones on chewy with the removable beds that can be washed in a washing machine. They're about $80. My cats strongly preferred the new multiplatform and enclosed cubby style in front of the window to the one I had made and just had platforms on one post.

I've had these for about 2 years. I'll have to replace the really popular one in a year or two. The covering is getting a little ragged.
Thanks will check it out...

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat tree is great. A extra long shelf that can safely hold all 3 cats and is mounted properly so your cats can go up the tree them up on the shelf, would be great. The only thing better is if you add a small sturdy shelf or two or three so the cats can climb down the shelves onto your lazy boy or dresser. That way they can loop around that top long shelf.

I would also put your other cat in a room or bathroom for 8-12 hours a day (1-4 hours for the bathroom) so your other cats can get time out of solitary confinement and stretch out a bit. Plus it allows their scents to mingle. ⭐Unless your bathroom is huge like my handicap bathroom that is the size of a small room, in which case I would treat it like a room and feel fine putting my cat in there for 8 hours. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The good catnip with silvervine in it, like happy nip. Unless one of your cats is an angry drunk.