Adult coloring books

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OMGosh, SO excited!  I had to go in to Staples for ink; and I always check the clearance bins.  There was this nice carry case of Prismacolor markers, set of 24, no labeling, no price.  I carried it around the store, could not find anything like it.  So I asked.

First, the associate walked back to the bins with me, to see where I found it.  He did locate a clearance tag for Prismacolor watercolors in a tin, marked down to $8.50.  None of those left (I am not ready to do watercolors anyway).  He took the carry case of markers, and the clearance tag, and went to ask the Manager.

I had to prevent my jaw from dropping when he returned; the Manager said I could have the set for the $8.50!    Here is a link on Amazon to what I got!

And here it is on Michael's web site, again, mine is the 24 count: https://www.michaels.com/prismacolor-premier-art-marker-set-chisel-fine/M10200103.html

Guess I am going to using markers in my coloring future!  HOLY MOLY I still can't believe this!
That truly deserves a double thunk.  Do you know how excited I'd have been over that find in my college days!?  That is just incredible!  I have a habit of checking clearance bins.  You never know what you will find.  But that find...truly incredible!!  Happy coloring!! 

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LTS, I also like the light blue on the gazebo!

And MoochnNoodles, I felt I had to sit on my excitement.  I was afraid they'd realize they made a big mistake and change their minds!  I just headed to the check out.  I did do a little dance out in the parking lot, though!  Ha ha haaa.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

OMGosh, SO excited!  I had to go in to Staples for ink; and I always check the clearance bins.  There was this nice carry case of Prismacolor markers, set of 24, no labeling, no price.  I carried it around the store, could not find anything like it.  So I asked.

First, the associate walked back to the bins with me, to see where I found it.  He did locate a clearance tag for Prismacolor watercolors in a tin, marked down to $8.50.  None of those left (I am not ready to do watercolors anyway).  He took the carry case of markers, and the clearance tag, and went to ask the Manager.

Guess I am going to using markers in my coloring future!  HOLY MOLY I still can't believe this!
Wow! So lucky! I'm really jealous
! Congratulations on the find! 

One time, at my local supermarket, they decided to bring a lot of Daiso things which included rotary cutters. I had not seen a single one in my city so far so I bought a small and a large one for $3.00 dlls each. I planned to buy more but didn't get around to it. Seems the Daiso didn't sell well so I saw them in a clearance bin for $0.40 dlls. I was with my sister and we...found... them all! 
 There were about  10 of each and I got them all. I've used up some but I still have several new ones. And I still haven't seen those rotary cutters here unless it's a "leftover stock from somewhere in the US" store (I don't know what these are called in the US though.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!   It is amazing how the colour choices make such a difference to a design!    Both lovely and completely different.  It is really interesting to see them close together LTS3 and Artiemom.   

I seem to be going through a phase of starting on a number of designs but not finishing any of them....

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agreed! :nod: Two lovely interpretations of the picture.

I'm going through a phase of not finishing designs either. Must be something in the air!

The fact that I've literally slept all day hasn't exactly helped...... :sleep: :anon:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 292044I like your gazebo's colors. I thought about using brown but I already had a dark brown roof and the trees / vines were a lighter brown so I decided to go with another color.
So funny to see them side by side!!! and we both live in Massachusetts!!!!

I really like the blue color. I was considering doing mine in white, but thought that would blend in too much. I wanted something striking...

And we both did a lot of shading!!! i.e. the shingles on the roof, the posts, leaves.....

Great minds think alike!!

This was my therapy while I had my stitches. I am very proud of the finished product';  especially because I am not artistic at all and never finish anything I start!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope your recovery is going well, ArtieMom
I wish I had heard of adult coloring books last fall when I had surgery and was on disability leave from work for 3 months. I was so bored sitting on the sofa at my parents' house doing nothing
  I tried not to hobble around too much on crutches. Coloring would have been something fun to do.

I'm going to try to finish those walk challenge coloring book gifts today. I just have to copy everything onto heavy weight paper. It shouldn't take too long to do.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

Hope your recovery is going well, ArtieMom
I wish I had heard of adult coloring books last fall when I had surgery and was on disability leave from work for 3 months. I was so bored sitting on the sofa at my parents' house doing nothing
  I tried not to hobble around too much on crutches. Coloring would have been something fun to do.

I'm going to try to finish those walk challenge coloring book gifts today. I just have to copy everything onto heavy weight paper. It shouldn't take too long to do.
I am feeling so good right now! I had the stitches removed yesterday. It really looks great! No covering, nothing.. Have to keep sunscreen on the area. Not much for post suture removal instructions. Not to let water run on it. Use sunscreen. If I feel as if I want, after a month I can gently massage the area to reduce bumps. , if the deep stitches come to the surface (dissolvable ones), just call them and they will remove them. I  feel as if I want to I can use some aquaphor ointment (like vaseline) on it  at night---nothing else, really. I do have numbness in that area. I was told that it would subside over time, as the nerves try to regenerate. It feels weird. Superficial numbness and deeper in it is sore. I cannot crinkle up my face, that will come in a few days. I can see a huge improvement overnight.

This surgeon is Awesome! If in Boston area, and need a great dematolgist, send me a PM....I am so please with his work. I had my bangs trimmed this afternoon. My hairdresser could  not believe I had surgery just a week ago; never mind having stitches removed yesterday. The past week was tuff though.. drinking with straws, soft food, nostril blocked with tape and running.. I am so relieved and happy that this episode is done and over..It was so good to get out of the house both yesterday and today..

Sorry I highjacked this thread again....forgive me...or moderators, delete this....

Thanks everyone for asking about me...It is funny the past couple of days, Artie has left me alone more...he really sensed that I was feeling a bit better...cats are amazing.....

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling so good right now! I had the stitches removed yesterday. It really looks great! No covering, nothing.. Have to keep sunscreen on the area. Not much for post suture removal instructions. Not to let water run on it. Use sunscreen. If I feel as if I want, after a month I can gently massage the area to reduce bumps. , if the deep stitches come to the surface (dissolvable ones), just call them and they will remove them. I  feel as if I want to I can use some aquaphor ointment (like vaseline) on it  at night---nothing else, really. I do have numbness in that area. I was told that it would subside over time, as the nerves try to regenerate. It feels weird. Superficial numbness and deeper in it is sore. I cannot crinkle up my face, that will come in a few days. I can see a huge improvement overnight.
This surgeon is Awesome! If in Boston area, and need a great dematolgist, send me a PM....I am so please with his work. I had my bangs trimmed this afternoon. My hairdresser could  not believe I had surgery just a week ago; never mind having stitches removed yesterday. The past week was tuff though.. drinking with straws, soft food, nostril blocked with tape and running.. I am so relieved and happy that this episode is done and over..It was so good to get out of the house both yesterday and today..

Sorry I highjacked this thread again....forgive me...or moderators, delete this....
:hijack:

Thanks everyone for asking about me...It is funny the past couple of days, Artie has left me alone more...he really sensed that I was feeling a bit better...cats are amazing.....
Yay for Artiemom.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I think cats do know or sense your feelings and act accordingly
Glad you're feeling better now 

My coloring book gifts are done
Well, I do have to re-copy two images again because I forgot to remove the post it note off the paper first
And I swear I took everything out of the copier when I was done but I can't find the enlarged images now
I'll recheck the copier on Monday (I had to work today so used the work copier since technically the walk challange is a work thing
) .I do have the original images so I just need to enlarge them again and re-copy onto the heavier paper.

moonriver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Coloring is so calming! In my household, the husband and I have coloring parties with our books. It's absolutely a wonderful, relaxing way to spend the weekend after a hard week on the job. My friends and I do it too. I hope you're feeling better and the gazebo pictures are beautiful!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find this very interesting.  The same image, 2 different color schemes, and the mood each one invokes in me is different!

The blue scene seems calming, soothing, I imagine sitting there on a warm summer day with some ice tea, reading a book.

The red scene is more energetic, I imagine a cooler day, not quite Autumn but not a hot summer day, sharing "tea and cakes' with 1 or 2 friends, lots of laughter.

Both quite enjoyable, yet both different.  I want to thank both of you for sharing your pages; I never quite realized the impact before this.  I need to ponder this, the mood, the feelings, are so strong and so different.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think I should have made the background in more subdued colors so the owl would pop out and be the main focal point
But i'm still happy with the coloring

I really like that! 

Maybe a bit of shading or a different color in the owl?? What do I know!! ???  I am not artistic!!

I have tried a few other images but have not had much success. I decided to go back to the Crayola pencils. I really do not care for them! I guess I am spoiled by the Prismacolors!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I really like that! 

Maybe a bit of shading or a different color in the owl?? What do I know!! ???  I am not artistic!!

I have tried a few other images but have not had much success. I decided to go back to the Crayola pencils. I really do not care for them! I guess I am spoiled by the Prismacolors!
I actually started with the owl first
Then I somehow kept grabbing the bright colors to fill in the background. I think I need to updgrade my Prismacolor set to the 150 set just so I have (even) more colors to choose from.