Adopting/socializing Adult Semi-feral

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loalar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for all your advice weebeasties weebeasties ! Since there are two of us, we started doing "screen time" with one of us in the room with Bob and one of us outside his room with the girls. So far that seems to be better. Bob will still start to stalk Tabitha (even tho there is a screen), but now as soon as he does, whoever is in the room with him says his name sternly and he stops and settles down.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you again for all your advice weebeasties weebeasties ! Since there are two of us, we started doing "screen time" with one of us in the room with Bob and one of us outside his room with the girls. So far that seems to be better. Bob will still start to stalk Tabitha (even tho there is a screen), but now as soon as he does, whoever is in the room with him says his name sternly and he stops and settles down.
Sounds like you guys are doing great!:clap:
After living on the street and having to fight for whatever he could get, learning to share is a new experience for Bob. I have no doubt he will get the hang of it very soon. You are providing the best environment for him filled with patience and love. He's a very lucky boy.
Wishing you all a happy and peaceful new year.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loalar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know it's been a long time since I posted, but just wanted to give a quick update. Bob is doing fantastic and has turned into a total love monster. Given the choice between love and pets, I think he might actually choose pets! He has met 4 people outside of the family so far and he has been amazing with all of them, rubbing his head against them and purring. We are still taking it glacially slow with the other kitties but they are finally beginning to eat without drama while looking at each other through the screen and/or glass. (Up until about a week ago, Bob would charge the door and/or climb it trying to get through it which was really freaking the girls out).