Adopting a cat from a loving home that can no longer keep him. Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debs0n

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perhaps you could consider fostering? It would help give your resident cat some non threatening kitten love, do a good deed & help give you time to heal until you are ready to adopt? If bottle feeding is to much you could foster a mom & her babie. The kittenlady has all the instructional videos you need on YouTube. If you foster for a shelter, they pay for supplies & vet care.
Sadly, I live in Mexico and we don't really have many shelters. Animals depend on good samaritans that take them in and do their best to place the cat/dog in a loving home. They usually assume you will help with the financial costs of caring for the kittens. A lot of them do not even offer to give you the kitten already spayed/neutered or with any vaccines. I am hesitant to foster because it usually becomes your role to find these kittens/momma cat a loving and responsible home, and honestly? It is pretty hard. A lot of people end up keeping some of the kittens or even the adult mom, because she is the hardest to find a home for, and I am not ready to take on that responsibility, both financial and emotional, right now. Not to mention I live with my parents so it's their house, their rules, you know? But thank you for the suggestion! If I lived by myself and I was in the position to do so I would totally love to foster!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With all of your love and your caring heart, I know that your cat will come, at the right time and in the right situation. You are a wonderful young lady, and I expect you to do well in life. NOTHING can beat a caring heart.