Adopted Kitten

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Are the stripes on the body jointed? If they are, I can safely say she's a DSH Brown Mackerel Tabby (same as my boy) If the body stripes are not jointed, she is a DSH Brown Broken Striped Mackerel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccc3249

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The stripes are not broken so I think she is a DSH Brown Mackerel Tabby then! Thank you so much for the help! 

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You are welcomed ;)

May end you like to post a side view of her and other than the side view, please post more of her for us to see. We like to see kitties photos here :D

ccc3249

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From these photos, not close. Just a similar coat color but the body shape, fur lenght and white spot all point to a very mixed heritage. The blue color can and is found in cats with no relation to the Russian Blue breed but I'd say this kitten is more grey than blue but that could be lighting. It has the green eyes but again that is not an uncommon trait.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is blue, he has some of the silvery shine, the eyes are green / greenish - a decent look alike of RB, or rather, its mediumhaired  cousin the Nebelung.

That white spot, if its the only white he has, a locklet, a medaljong, is a sometimes seen fault on RB.  Which deems them immediately into being of pet quality. So its not caused by the true white spot gene - its just something which happens.

Still, he is almost surely a domestic with no near heritage.  Grey domestic cats arent that unusual.

To summarize:  If you want a nice blue mediumhaired cat, and dont afford a real pedigree RB nor Nebelung, this should be your choice - if everything else feels OK...

You wont come much more near, withhout the cat having a full pedigree and all certificates.  1000 bucks for a regular quality, and the double for a Show quality?

Of course, a RB with a locklet you will get cheaper, as its doomed to be of pet quality.  500 dollars, but you should have all the documentation with you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both cute cats. It looks like the grey one might have long hair, not typical of Russian Blue cats.

ccc3249

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is true.. I am going to visit them today so I wonder how long the coat actually is. I will keep you updated! 

ccc3249

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all of the information! I grew up with Cornish Rex cats (we always had two of them). I never thought that I would want a cat other than a CR until I fell in love with a stray that looked exactly like a Russian Blue. My boyfriend and I adopted him and unfortunately all the tests came back as FIP. I had to put my six month kitten down on Saturday. I know he wasn't a "true" RB, but I loved that puff ball. I feel like he was half RB and that is why I keep asking- thank you for putting up with me. (I attached a picture of the RB that passed away). 

Personally, I found an amazing organization that helps stray cats around where I live. It gets REALLY cold in the winter so I'm so thankful for all the fosters. (I would foster if I could but I only have space for two kittens.. I want them all!)

I leave an update letting everyone know what ends up happening!!