Flag this message
[FreecycleAuburnNY] Offer: last chance to save 3 kittens. Savannah area
Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:13 AM
"catbrical"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
[email protected]

I have three kittens, orange,or black and white. Almost ten weeks old
they eat wet and dry food. Pretty good useing litter box at my house.
I need them gone by Monday or I will be taken them to a shelter. I'm keeping
two but can not keep anymore. Please help save them. Thank you

Our shelters are full to max with kittens. I emailed offering to help them with cat food if necessary but to please do not dump them. I cant take kittens as my gang looks at them as a threat. Now if it was an adult i could take them, they accept adults more willingly. Any suggestions?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about spaying your cat, I never get how people think it is the shelters responsibility to deal with kittens, especially in areas that have low cost speuters

They say they will take them to a shelter, they are probably better off there than with someone who would advertise them on freecycle, some people just post stuff like that to troll also

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

How about spaying your cat, I never get how people think it is the shelters responsibility to deal with kittens, especially in areas that have low cost speuters

They say they will take them to a shelter, they are probably better off there than with someone who would advertise them on freecycle, some people just post stuff like that to troll also
I completely agree with that, in nearly 40 years of pet ownership I have managed to completely avoid pregnancy in any pets ever, and that includes the possibility of my male pets getting others of their species pregnant, if I can manage it, it can't be that difficult. It isn't a sad inevitability, it's a lack of responsibility on the part of the owners, then they just palm that responsibility off onto others (shelters, charities, caring individuals) like it wasn't their doing. Complete abdication of responsibility, it really annoys me. And in the process, they often manage to make people who are completely unrelated and uninvolved in the situation feel guilty and play on their emotions about it too, hoping someone else will step in and sort it out for them. Not on IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A friend and i took a puppy from this gentleman. HE was 4 months old and nothing but fur draped over skeleton!