Abandoned Kitten

Discussion in 'The Cat's Meow' started by bengalcatman, Jun 10, 2017.

1. daisyd

daisyd TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 21, 2017
    London
    Great pics and will miss the updates ! Gosh If I took gracie to the woods she'd be gone before I'd have time to take a photo !

2. golondrina

golondrina TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 3, 2011
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Some weeks have passed since dustydiamond alerted me regarding this story. I was busy at the time and my neurones not being anymore what they used to be I had forgotten all about it. The advantage has been that I have been able to read it all at once. I have fallen in love with little June Bug and would very much enjoy to hear about any new recent developments in her life and her relationship with Makena and Lilia. 16_1_20.gif

dustydiamond1 purraised this.
  3. dustydiamond1

dustydiamond1 Minion to Gypsy since October 2016 Alpha Cat

Jan 24, 2017
    central Illinois, USA
    :lovecat2::catrub::winkcat:

4. bengalcatman

bengalcatman TCS Member Adult Cat

Dec 5, 2014
    Eastern PA
    This thread has surprised me with the number of views and "likes" generated. So I guess I will continue on....

June Bug is growing FAST
    [​IMG]

Where she was once a quite clearly a kitten, she is now more of a small cat. June Bug's kitten blue eyes have turned a pretty gold color, and her short legs are being replaced by the long slim legs of an adolescent cat
    [​IMG]

June Bug will be in quarantine until sometime in August when she can be retested for FIV. We get her out every day the weather permits. We also spend quite a bit of time in the bathroom playing with her. June Bug LOVES to play and it has become difficult to use our bathroom for its intended purpose without being assaulted by a playful kitten. It took us some time to train her not to bite and claw our hands and ankles. Those kitten teeth are sharp! During this learning period using the bathroom was so treacherous we named her "velocikitten" after the fearsome velociraptor's in Jurassic park! Thankfully she has learned what "No!" means.

If any one picture could sum up June Bug at this time.....
    [​IMG]

June Bug's stumbling kitten trot has turned into a Cheetah-like-speed-of-light-zip! She loves to race.

When we sit by our pond in the evenings, June Bug is still careful to remain close by. She stays within about twenty feet of us while she plays and explores.
    [​IMG]

I usually research anything that interests me, so by now I would normally have read up on a kittens stages of development and cognitive progress etc. I have not done this with June Bug, I just want to see it unfold and enjoy each moment as it occurs. However, my wife and I have kept an informal weekly journal of fun things that we notice changing.

So I wonder how long it will be before we can't trust her to stay close by. I would like to think she will just always stay right near us, but I suspect that she will eventually want to wander further than we are comfortable with. To that end June Bug is being harness trained.
    [​IMG]

We don't suspect June Bug will test positive for FIV in August. A positive result would be statistically unlikely in her case. However, we do occasionally talk about what we would do if she did test positive, and try to form a plan. We would be quite upset to say the least.

One thing is very clear, June Bug is growing into a beautiful cat.
    [​IMG]

Docs Mom, ileen, AbbysMom and 2 others purraised this.
  5. daisyd

daisyd TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 21, 2017
    London
    Thank you for the update. I love this thread ! June bug is just adorable .

6. mazie

mazie TCS Member Super Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    south Georgia
    A beautiful continuation of the "June Bug saga":thumbsup:

7. ileen

ileen with Luciano since 12/5/16 Adult Cat

Mar 6, 2017
    nyc
    Hooray, more June Bug! Thanks for continuing.

8. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    Thanks for the update. June Bug is a beautiful little kitten. I'm sure she will enrich your lives.

9. Docs Mom

Docs Mom TCS Member Adult Cat

Dec 13, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes, we want more Junebug !!! She is such a cutie.....:lovecat2:

10. kat0121

kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    June Bug is adorable!! What a perfect name for such a sweet little girl! Congratulations on your new little girl!