A New Pregnant Stray..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things going now? I am puzzled by what it is. I also do not see the kitten.

What is this thing attached to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, it was another sack. It was halfway out then another kitten went around it. Same thing with the third kitten. The fourth kittens sack and coming out before the third. So far we have 3 kittens and we is pushing #4 as I type. She is doing great and the kittens are doing great as well.

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has 5 beautiful tabby kittens. She's still contracting but they seem to be smaller and I can't really feel much as far as movement.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Good for her! Post pictures as soon as you can!! :clap:

Has each kitten come out with a placenta? The mom should have eaten some of them.

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama andbabies are doing very Well! The are all nursing like a champ and mama is very hungry.

My only concern is that she still looks pregnant. Plus I'm not 100% the 5th placenta was expelled. I was out of the room when he was born. I came into my bathroom and he was born but I had to leave after that. So I'm not 100%

Attachments

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
They look so precious!

Yes, the mother may still look a bit swollen but she should shrink back down in a few days. If you still feel kicking inside of her, however, there are still some kittens left to go.

I would still offer her some dry food to munch on throughout the day, with some wet food meals as well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Feed mom as much as she wants. She needs it to nurse her babies.