A Lot Of (still) Newbie Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She has never napped in the 63 years I've been her daughter. Like I mentioned in comment the other day, she pushes herself still to work 16 hours a day. And I'd still have to get the tree past her at nights to take outside.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about when she takes a shower or bath? Then sneak the cat tree upstairs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I guess I"m not clear. What about at nights. She only takes one shower a day is what I'm saying. The cats love the tree. So I'm supposed to take that away from them as well?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do see. It sounds like a very unhealthy place for you to stay, and I hope you are able to find someplace where you can breathe and be yourself.

What I meant was you could probably order the shower curtain from Whole Foods with your next cat food order. Then you can use rope to tie it to the cat tree just to cover it from rain. Or if that doesn’t work large rocks to weigh it down. Not perfect but hopefully it will protect it somewhat short term.
Personally I think you should get a plastic tarp or shower curtain - and before you say you can’t any solution someone provides will require some type of new materials or a change in your current routine - and cover the cat tree behind the garage with the tarp and weigh the tarp with something heavy like rocks. It won’t keep out all the moisture but it won’t get wet in the rain. It seems like an awful lot of work to bring it in and out of the house daily and most likely your mom will see this before long and get mad. At least this way it can stay outside.

Last edited:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, someone on Next Door found a dog house/catio that may work. And I can use the banister to anchor a mini awning to for the cat tree on the side. She's willing to come and put it up for me while Mom and I are gone next week and it's only $15.

View attachment 287921 View attachment 287922 View attachment 287923
What ever happened with this? Basically if you want to keep something outside it would need to be waterproof. A carpeted cat tree won’t last too long.

How did you get the cat tree? I’d try and use whatever method that was and try and find an outdoor cat furniture like the one you posted so you don’t have to worry about it in the rain.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
not earn the money to feed the cats and fix my credit score
How will the quizzes fix your credit score? I was under the impression credit is based on debt and credit capacity. The best thing for your credit would be to get a credit card and keep a very short balance on it and then pay it off on time each month. I understand you had a hassle with fraudulent charges in the past, but it really is the best way to improve credit.