A little help makes a huge difference in a strays life

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There was a stray female tabby and kitten that suddenly appeared on our street living on a piece of cardboard. Quickly the block gave food and they stayed. They both came to eat , Mom was very cautious, allowing no signs of friendliness. But partially weaned kitten disappeared. Mom visits houses that feed her. Eat-n-Go. She got in the locked building where I live and she couldn't get out. I heard banging one morning and opened my main door. There she was!! Scared and ready to run. Opening our patio door allowed her to leave the building at her own will. She now trust me and Returns regularly to eat and sit in our patio enclosure. She has marked me, she plays with my resident cats tail. He is mature and tolerates her quirks.
I just found the trust issue astounding and the difference a little help can do for strays.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in a country that regards the cat as special in a different way than USA. I have been watching my special cat who is 3yo. He might just prefer his castle be his domain only.:itslove: The visitor cat will have to convince resident cat, it can be good in its home. I am just the housekeeper, waiter, errand runner, etc. for my 3yo. Who is very properly trained, never eats garbage, loves a nice bath, will hold a humans hand even a human visitor, etc. I have presented the cage to her. She has watched my cat relax in the cage. So hopefully she will see it is safe to enter the cage.
Stray will probably be in heat soon and will need help avoiding the problems that can bring. So, should be taken to vet. Soon. That is all that can be done on my part. I can not be cruel in any attempts to help a stray. Our cat colonies have some of the strongest genes in the world.
The problems is tourist leave their pets which were house cats. They have no clue how to survive.
I will start a new thread on that subject.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There was a stray female tabby and kitten that suddenly appeared on our street living on a piece of cardboard. Quickly the block gave food and they stayed. They both came to eat , Mom was very cautious, allowing no signs of friendliness. But partially weaned kitten disappeared. Mom visits houses that feed her. Eat-n-Go. She got in the locked building where I live and she couldn't get out. I heard banging one morning and opened my main door. There she was!! Scared and ready to run. Opening our patio door allowed her to leave the building at her own will. She now trust me and Returns regularly to eat and sit in our patio enclosure. She has marked me, she plays with my resident cats tail. He is mature and tolerates her quirks.
I just found the trust issue astounding and the difference a little help can do for strays.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a definite sure thing for strays and ferals. Any plans to bring her indoors?
She now trust me and Returns regularly to eat and sit in our patio enclosure. She has marked me, she plays with my resident cats tail. Now, Red Tom is near, crying for food, neighbors throw piles of bread in the street. She is too quick trap. May try to trap Red Tom.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will have to observe Red Tom's activity. He shows up randomly, is lean and loud. I will proceed with great caution and get some help in the trap plan. So far I have seen him stalking the new born kittens at the ferels community. I heard a neighbor crying there ,as one of the kittens was found dead.