A bit of help with paint shop pro 8 please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

I don't know if it has more features, it's just the program I've adapted to. LOL

I just wanted to make a teeny tiny suggestion. When you are selecting around your image, try to get as tight to the kitty as possible and then you want to feather the image. It makes the lines disappear and looks more "natural".
Thanks hun, I'm downloading paint shop pro x3 so I will have a play round with that when its downloaded, who knows I could become a pro myself
x

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a pretty good signature for a starter
Although, it does need a feather, if you want to know how to feather in PSP 8, just ask me ;]. A feather around the image is all you need, with a little bit of help from us, you might become the next icklemiss ;]

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

ETA: Where did you get that background, is it a stretched image or is it a background, it looks pretty good.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JazzyTheCat

That's a pretty good signature for a starter
Although, it does need a feather, if you want to know how to feather in PSP 8, just ask me ;]. A feather around the image is all you need, with a little bit of help from us, you might become the next icklemiss ;]

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

ETA: Where did you get that background, is it a stretched image or is it a background, it looks pretty good.
Oh yes please if you could offer me some help with feathering that would be great the background is leather effect and then I added the fire effect at the top. I will get there in the end, my paint shop pro x3 has downloaded so I will have a play around with that tonight. x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Quick question. What's your computer's stats? - CPU and ram.
No idea, it cost me nearly £900 though and has two hard drives, I know its a good one, has intel celetrino 2 whatever that is lol.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Processor-Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM)-4.00GB

System type-32 bit operating system

I hope this helps, what does it mean

x

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not so sure why strange_wings would want your Memory & Processor. Perhaps because strange_wings wanted to find out if you could run Paint Shop Pro x3. I've ran it with only one gig of RAM and it was fun so you shouldn't have a problem. To feather, when you mask, find a button that should say 'Feather' and should say a number underneath. There should then be an arrow pointing down, click that and change the feathering amount. Then mask and once you are finished, it should deliver a great image! To do it in Paint Shop Pro x3, once you mask, go into the 'Selection' button in the toolbar at the top of the screen, click that and then click 'Modify' then you should see 'Feather' I hope this helps!

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Exactly. My guess is that she simply had too much stuff open, then. Poorly written software with memory leaks. There's no reason 4 gigs of ram wouldn't be enough.

Oh, and you said the image you saved disappeared? You likely didn't choose your own destination folder. Simply check in the program folder for PSP's folder and see if it in there. Baring that, check my images or one of the other default windows folders.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is my attempt on paint shop pro x3. Its quite easy when you get the hang of it, I have just got to experiment a bit more and thanks to everyone for all your help. x

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
looks better, you need more feather though, and signatures look more natural if you leave some of the body there so they are not just floating heads

If you look in the sig forum (and I think there is a link in the sticky) we had a thread of tips for cutting them out, fixing eyes etc

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is better, but you do need to feather a bit more and perhaps make the faces bigger, maybe also put them on the bottom of the signature to make it seem as though the body is there but under. I love the text, the background to me though seems a bit too dark for someone like you. I always think that someone happy needs a light background ;]

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JazzyTheCat

That is better, but you do need to feather a bit more and perhaps make the faces bigger, maybe also put them on the bottom of the signature to make it seem as though the body is there but under. I love the text, the background to me though seems a bit too dark for someone like you. I always think that someone happy needs a light background ;]

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.
Thankyou hun, I am quite enjoying experimenting now, I will have another attempt tonight.xx