A Belated Introduction

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Greetings, all! Since I have started posting in these forums I thought I should properly introduce myself and, more important, my cat.

Sylvie was born in a feral colony in a parking lot and rescued at 3 months of age by a local TNR group. I adopted her when she was 5 months old. Her foster mom brought her over to meet me, Sylvie allowed me to pet her, and the deal was sealed. I decided that despite her humble origins she needed a glamorous-sounding French name and picked "Sylvie." Sometime later I found an online "French name generator" and typed in my own name, and funnily enough the French name it generated was Sylvie Bouquet, so I now consider that my cat's full name. :) She has a gentle, sweet, and humorous disposition and is a delight to have around.

I guess Sylvie would be described as a seal lynxpoint domestic shorthair. She has ice-blue eyes and looked like a little white tiger when she was a baby. Her markings deepened in color as she matured, a process I have attempted to document in her photo album in my gallery here.

I also made an album for my first cat, a purebred (yes, pedigreed; I still have her CFF registration certificate) Snowshoe that I bought from a breeder a few decades ago after first seeing the breed at a TICA show in New York City. She didn't have the classic Snowshoe appearance -- she lacked the inverted white V on the face and had just a few white hairs on her seal-brown nose, and her hair was decidedly not short -- which is probably why she was deemed pet-quality rather than show- or breeder-quality. She was nevertheless a gorgeous cat and a holy terror for much of her long life. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry - Welcome to TCS, to both you and Sylvie! Miss Q's album is delightful, and I laughed aloud at your remark that, "she was nevertheless a gorgeous cat and a holy terror for much of her long life." Snowshoes are a little too smart for their own good, and much too smart for our own good.

You do know how they were created, no? I don't mean the stories about Dorothy Hinds-Daugherty's Silver Laces program in the early 1960s, but the true story of their Creation. You can read it here if you like:

Post your sleeping beauties!!!

Here's hoping that you and Sylvie stick around, and that we get to see lots of pictures of her in the Photos Forum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry - Welcome to TCS, to both you and Sylvie! Miss Q's album is delightful, and I laughed aloud at your remark that, "she was nevertheless a gorgeous cat and a holy terror for much of her long life." Snowshoes are a little too smart for their own good, and much too smart for our own good.

You do know how they were created, no? I don't mean the stories about Dorothy Hinds-Daugherty's Silver Laces program in the early 1960s, but the true story of their Creation. You can read it here if you like:

Post your sleeping beauties!!!

Here's hoping that you and Sylvie stick around, and that we get to see lots of pictures of her in the Photos Forum!
Thanks so much for the link to that hilarious tale! I also LOL’ed at your comments in the thread you linked to in that one. Funny because it’s all too true! Some who have never been owned by a Snowshoe might think you’re exaggerating, but I am here to testify that you are not.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some who have never been owned by a Snowshoe might think you’re exaggerating, but I am here to testify that you are not.
LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry - Absolutely not - the facts are recorded without hyperbole. Having a Snowshoe is like harbouring a toddler with an hammer collection. They're endlessly interested in how things work, how things move, and how things sound when they hit the floor, and from descriptions here by other members, they've moved into the Modern Era, having developed a penchant for anything electronic.

They're delightful cats, however, if a bit more demanding than most, and your Miss Q was surely a lovely girl!