8 Months Old New Kitten Is Too Active For My 3 Years Old Cat. Need Some Advise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TnK

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update but also need advise: They seem to have some progress. I'm trying to let Timmy out 24/7 since Friday because of long weekend and my sister will be in town most of the time next week.

Situation not too bad because Timmy will just walk by Cailey sometimes but he will still pounce on her and grab her. This also makes Cailey very cautious and doesn't like him when he's close by. At least she's not hiding. He will also follow Cailey when she goes to the litter box then she will finish it quickly and jump out from the litter box without covering. I'm not sure if I should intervene?

When we go to sleep, Cailey will come to my bed and sleep between my legs most of the time first and then will go to her bed at the end of my bed when I move. But now Timmy will jump up (not sure if he wants to challenge her), so Cailey will hiss him and then they may confront for a bit then Cailey will run away. I will then try to distract Timmy or even get up and play with him for 10-15 min until he's tired out and rest. Is this ok and considered normal process? Or am I too rush?

My friends who have/had many cats now and before said it's time to just let them sort it out. Should I??? I feel so sorry for Cailey being annoyed or harassed. I also have less 1:1 with her because Timmy likes to follow and it's getting hard to separate him in a room.

As mentioned in previous posts, since I will be away for 3 days next Mon-Wed and dont think I can separate them but I will be super worry if I let them alone for 3 days even though I have friend who can come check on them. One of my friends said she can foster Timmy and let him play with her 1 year old cat as she was thinking to get another young cat to play with him. She did this for another friend many times before. I always think it is not good to change your cat's environment because they will be too stressed. Is it a bad idea? Any advise would be appreciated. Many thanks.