5 Months On And Still Hissing (bootsie) And Bully Tactics (chloe)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peejaygee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want to say STOOOOOOOPPPP "telling him off" for hissing. That is how cats communicate and establish boundaries and everything. Why would you punish this??? .
When I say telling him off, it's merely a 'bootsie stop' line of verbal, then grabbing the laser pen and putting his mind elsewhere, or stroking him and putting his mind elsewhere. I realize that is how to communicate, as Chloe was that way at the beginning. She is doing nothing to him at this point, she is looking at him, lying on the sofa, no confrontation on her part, it's just like Bootsie has got it in his mind now, as he's done it for sooooooo long since she turned up. Like i put in my original text/message, it's a gentle tone of voice, and only verbally. He really doesn't need to do it, she's not being threatening in anyway, how we see it (from the walk pasts and lack of hissing on her part) that he's already established alpha, but he's trying to 'overpower' which is what Chloe was doing at the beginning. It's getting less and less, but we are reminding him, he's got his position back and it's time to try to get along more. :)

• Purraise
Reactions: jen

peejaygee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Again, here I go necro-ing, but it's worth it for anybody who's in the same boat who needs a glimmer of hope, just remember, don't give up on them. They are still not perfect, but there is a lot less hissing from Bootsie (Left), as I think he's realized he's back in his role/place again, the three of them (Bella is not in the shot) can all spend time asleep in the living room in various places for a lot longer now (until Bella realizes she's only a couple of foot away and then bolts to another room, but she's always been skittish) Bootsie get's much much closer now before 'cackling/chirping' or hissing at her, but she just looks now as if to say, 'meh, whatever'. She [Chloe] still puts him in his place, as Chloe has sorta claimed the office area as hers, as the bedroom area is Bootsie's and Bella's and they meet in the middle in the living room, so they all have their places.

IMG_8474_80%.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like things are working out between them.:catrub:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but it's worth it for anybody who's in the same boat who needs a glimmer of hope, just remember, don't give up on them.
What a great update, thank you! those cats are gorgeous, and the table covering is fantastic!!

peejaygee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What's happening with you and your furry lovelies?
They are still not perfect, but Chloe and Bootsie now act like Bootsie and his sister Bella do, fight like cats.

They get much closer to each other now, Chloe will sometimes do a run at Bootsie, and we've had some fur found on the floor.

But what cat owner doesn't now.

He'll still randomly look at her, and hiss, as if to say, I'm the dominate one, but then if she twitches, or goes to stand up, he'll run. :)

20220103_171846.jpg