5 month kitten not eating!!

blueapple9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help!!
I noticed my 5 month old kitten become not interested in playing and being less active, she’s slowly stopped eating and third eyelids both slightly showing.
I took her to the vets and they said that she had some gas, they suggested it could be a parasite blockage. They have her pain relief, a strong de-wormer and de-flea spot on. They also weighed her and she hasn’t put any weight on since her last visit 4 weeks before! It has now been 2 days and she seems even weaker barely eating and just wants to sleep. Pls help I don’t know what to do, should I try syringe feeding her??

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a kitten with similar parasite infestation. It takes about 3-4 days for them to get back to normal and you may see dead worms in the litterbox , it sounds like tapeworm. I would contact your vet to let them know she is still not eating. I would now make sure she is consuming water. Syringe feeding may also be a good idea but I’d definitely involve the Vet.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd get the cat back to the vet. Is there another vet you can go to instead? Some vets just aren't very good. Insist on your cat getting a full exam and blood work.

Yes, try syringe feeding some watered down pate canned cat food or even meat based baby food.

scritch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Call your vet back. The vet probably went with what they thought was most likely based on the info they had at the time, but they need to hear back if things get worse. More info will change what they recommend.