3week Old Kittens!

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HiHi , 2 days ago I picked up 4 3week old kittens , I got them on kitten formula and now they are active, got them in the bathroom downstairs and is relatively empy so there is nothing harmful for them, they are moving already but I need to go to work and my office doesn't admit pets , for how long can I leave them alone and do I need to left them anything in specific?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are the kittens today? Where did you get them, and what happened to their mom?

At 3 weeks old they are not weaned and they need bottle feeding with kitten formula every 3-4 hours including through the night.

Is there someone who can care for them while you are at work?

Most kittens will wean at 5-6 weeks old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I work close to home so they are on a 4hr schedule since I use my lunch our for that , my mom checks on them, the mom was poisoned las friday, i picked them on monday and now they are pretty active at the moment but sleep most of the day , i have an appointment with a vet for next week but outside a couple of tips friendfriends that own cats toll me i 'm in the dark

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s terrible that the mom was poisoned! So sad.

Thank you for taking the kittens in!

We’re here for all your questions! :)

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i just started mixing food into the formula but one of them just doesn't want to eat , and is acting a little lethargic the other 3 are really active and eat a lot but this one has already skipped 2 feedings what can I do?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may still need more time.

Can you post some photos?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give just formula to the one who is refusing to eat. Leave out the wet food for now. This kitten may not be quite ready for solids. I hope the kitten will be okay.

Keep us posted!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are her eyes fully open? Crusty or have pus? I can’t tell from the picture. Clean them often with a warm damp cloth.

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are her eyes fully open? Crusty or have pus? I can’t tell from the picture. Clean them often with a warm damp cloth.
Hi he got a shot and drops for his eye and now he's ok, just walking a little wobbly, he was fine this morning but i'm starting to worry , will go to the vet first thing tomorrow morning if he doesn't gets better .

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's eating more than his twin, and i recently changed the food for a richer one because they were not gaining weight so i want to think it was because the change of food, and just getting used or somethings.

Denny R

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, good news it looks like it was the change of food, he's been more active and walks better, it looks like it can wait 'till their weekly check up on friday