3 Year Old Siamese Seal Point Vomits Once Per Week 6 Hours After Eating Her Wet Food.

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mulan is a 3 years old Siamese Seal Point Female. She has been vomiting 6 hours after she eats her wet food once per week for a month or so now. Not every day once per week and always 6 hours after eating always many hours later. I called the vet and she feels it is a motility issue based on what I told her and that food should be digested by one hour of the cat eating and no food should be left in her stomach 6 hours later and that is why the stomach is getting rid of it by vomiting. What she is vomiting is definitely her food liquidy with some curdling and she has thick drool hanging from nausea. The vet told me to come in today and pick up medication to start her on a motility medication. I am very upset and stressed out because my Nyla I had to put down 3 years ago at age 11 and I lived through years of chronic vomiting as she was a sickly cat so to have a 3 year old vomiting even though it is not every day has me sick to my stomach in fear. Mulan ate at 6:30 pm last night and vomited at 1:00am and she at this morning at 6:30am and vomited at 1:30pm so today was the first time it happened twice. Usually it is just once per week. She is only 3 years old I don't want to start her on medication I don't know what to do but go get the medication from the vet. Someone help me please:(

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry you're dealing with Mulan's vomiting. :alright: I'm, unfortunately, familiar with cat vomit, as my Ruby girl has had a sensitive digestive system since I adopted her at 2-ish years old.

Ruby would very often vomit several hours after she'd eaten, and when her stomach was empty, but it was always a clear liquid, with no undigested food at all. So different than Mulan's situation.

A hypo-allergenic food has helped her a lot. As did feeding her smaller meals more often throughout the day.

I'm glad you're taking Mulan for a vet checkup. Best to get professional advice.

EDIT: just reread your post. Did the vet suggest giving Mulan medication without first seeing her? I think I'd want her looked at first, before starting to give her medication.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The new vet saw Mulan A week or so ago while I had her sister there for her check up and I told her about Mulan with this situation that began. At that time her sister Asia has periodontal disease and was a priority. So I called and spoke to the vet and she said based on what I had told her a week and what is continuing that it is motility and that the stomach is not pushing all the food through. I said to her don't you want to see her? and she said based on seeing her a week ago and physically was fine and the problem is continuing she did not need to see her but will prescribe the medication. She is so young to start meds but I do not know what to do. I am heading to the vet. I am thinking if it was the food intolerance or allergy she would be throwing up sooner after eating and not 6 hours later and not once a week all though she threw up last night and again this morning 6 hours after eating.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it be a hairball? That usually happens once a week with my cats. Maybe try some hairball treats or paste?

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's odd it's once a week but...I was thinking hairball too. I do understand the trauma you feel from having a prior cat who had vomiting issues. I'm very sensitive now to anything my current cat does, because of past problem with other cats. It gets me upset.
I don't know that I would want my cat on medication for that if it was only once a week. It does sound like a motality issue but that is why I would think it was fur in the digestive track. How is Mulan's bowel habits? Pooping OK?

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry you're dealing with Mulan's vomiting. :alright: I'm, unfortunately, familiar with cat vomit, as my Ruby girl has had a sensitive digestive system since I adopted her at 2-ish years old.

Ruby would very often vomit several hours after she'd eaten, and when her stomach was empty, but it was always a clear liquid, with no undigested food at all. So different than Mulan's situation.

A hypo-allergenic food has helped her a lot. As did feeding her smaller meals more often throughout the day.

I'm glad you're taking Mulan for a vet checkup. Best to get professional advice.

EDIT: just reread your post. Did the vet suggest giving Mulan medication without first seeing her? I think I'd want her looked at first, before starting to give her medication.
Could it be a hairball? That usually happens once a week with my cats. Maybe try some hairball treats or paste?

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maggiedemi: I wish it was a hair ball but I do not think that is what this is. Seal points shed very little but it is liquid color of her food coming up no fur at all. Vet did not even lean towards that. Yes it is very odd this happens once a week 6 hours or so after eating. Last night was the first time it happened 12 hours apart from each other. This began a month ago. I started her on the motility pill this evening and will give it a week and see. Process of elimination with animals the vet said and based on the symptoms and length of time in between she is going with motility and see what happens. She does not want me to change food yet either. Besides if it was the food I would think she would be vomiting daily and not once a week.

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Timmer: First thank you for sympathizing with me understanding how upset seeing this cat start to vomit in a bizarre way affect me. The photo of me is with my beloved Nyla that passed away September 26th, 2014. That photo was taken at the animal hospital after her Mega colon resection surgery. She was 11 when I made the choice to put her down. Years of vomiting intense vomiting and colon not working well on meds until meds stopped working killed me emotionally. I am traumatized by her death and all the sickness I endured with her, I have never gotten over it and I never will. I never wanted any more cats she was my first and my last. These 2 little 3 year old girls my daughter begged me to get for her when they were 3 months old from a breeder. My 18 year old daughter was brainwashed by adults and she moved out not wanting her cats anymore 2 months ago. I was laid off after 14 years I have not worked in 6 months struggling to find a job and having to pay for the cats food and now vet bills. I am stressed out so badly. I cant afford vet bills right now my daughter will not help me at all with her cats. It is a bad situation and I am trying to do everything right by them. The other sister had almost all her teeth pulled last week for gum disease at 3 years old and now Mulan with the vomiting. I cant handle it I am a mess and want to vomit myself. I cant handle another sick cat I cant this is why I wanted no more cats no animals of any kind and I did it for my daughter and now I am getting hurt all over again. I went through so much with Nyla I just cant go through sickness again. I am very upset. What if the problem is bigger? Vet Bills etc omg its to much.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you hugs! Sorry you're going through such a rough time. :redheartpump:

siameselove03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you I appreciate your kind words. I have not been on this site since I lost my Nyla 4 years ago almost begging for help to understand her colon illness so coming back seeing all the old posts about her hurts like hell I just did not know where to turn to today. Please pray this gets better for me.