3 Weeks Year Old Kittens Are Puking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
until you find KMR, you can use the recipe at our fellow member Hissy's website: www.kitten-rescue.com. I use goat milk as my base because some kittens have trouble with cow milk products, including whey. If you can find a 4Her or FFA student who keeps dairy goats, fresh raw goat milk is excellent but right now I am using the powdered goat milk from Meyenberg that sells for $9.95@ Amazon. I am very careful to rinse the raw egg yolk in cold water to remove all traces of raw egg white (the albumin in egg white is hard on the kidneys). And I avoid using unfiltered tap water from municipal systems because the harsh chemicals used in water treatment plants are also very hard on the kidneys (as recommended by my own urologists).
If you can find a farm fresh source for eggs, you can ask that the eggs not be washed, only rinsed with plain water - that preserves the natural protective coating that keeps bacteria from entering the egg (using bleach & certain harsh cleaners removes that barrier and can allow salmonella & other "gunkies" to get inside. If the washed eggs are fertilized and incubated, the forming chick sometimes dies from disease before hatching :disappointed: ).
Okay, thank you very much for your help!
But i still don't get why should i use the eggs :/

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
But i still don't get why should i use the eggs :/
If you have goats milk you dont need normally the egg yolk.
But if you must make your own home kmr egg yolk is good, as it has much nutrients.

Also egg yolk is sometimes good to add to goats milk if you have a convalescent or cat momma with many kittens...

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you have goats milk you dont need normally the egg yolk.
But if you must make your own home kmr egg yolk is good, as it has much nutrients.

Also egg yolk is sometimes good to add to goats milk if you have a convalescent or cat momma with many kittens...
Ohh okay, i understand
Thank you for your help ☺

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I use raw goat milk, I don't add anything. When I use canned or powdered goat milk, I add rinsed egg yolk. I either use eggs from my own hens or pasture-raised (not cage free - the standard space is only 1 square foot per hen and that means there's a lot of being in each other's excrement). Egg yolk has many nutrients that are easily digested. Here is an article that you may find useful;
https://feline-nutrition.org/answers/answers-feed-my-cat-a-raw-egg-yolk

And this is what PetMD has to say about milk, including raw (and pasteurized) goat milk: The Truth About Dairy Products and Pets

By the way, how are the kittens doing? Are you doing the pedialyte? Also, they might be able to handle some water from boiled white rice (great suggestion from StefanZ!) which helps ease the diarrhea.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in zahle, lebanon
It's hard to find vet services in your area.

I saw one clinic called Shadow Vet Clinic nearby, which might be mostly a pet store, but should be able to share some vet contacts. +961 8 543 581

There is also a hospital called Tom and Jerry Animal Hospital. +961 71 279 739

And Belle Bete Veterinary Clinic. +961 8 930 229

If these places can't help, they should be able to point you towards a vet who can.

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I use raw goat milk, I don't add anything. When I use canned or powdered goat milk, I add rinsed egg yolk. I either use eggs from my own hens or pasture-raised (not cage free - the standard space is only 1 square foot per hen and that means there's a lot of being in each other's excrement). Egg yolk has many nutrients that are easily digested. Here is an article that you may find useful;
https://feline-nutrition.org/answers/answers-feed-my-cat-a-raw-egg-yolk

And this is what PetMD has to say about milk, including raw (and pasteurized) goat milk: The Truth About Dairy Products and Pets

By the way, how are the kittens doing? Are you doing the pedialyte? Also, they might be able to handle some water from boiled white rice (great suggestion from StefanZ!) which helps ease the diarrhea.
Thank you for sending me that ☺
The kittens are getting better thankfully
The diarrhea is gone, they're still vomiting, but not as much as they were before

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to find vet services in your area.

I saw one clinic called Shadow Vet Clinic nearby, which might be mostly a pet store, but should be able to share some vet contacts. +961 8 543 581

There is also a hospital called Tom and Jerry Animal Hospital. +961 71 279 739

And Belle Bete Veterinary Clinic. +961 8 930 229

If these places can't help, they should be able to point you towards a vet who can.
I've heard of tom and jerry before, but i think it's a regular pet store as well
I'll try to talk to belle bête
Thank you very much for your help!