3 Month Size

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello it's me again! haha. Cookie is doing well - she is super energetic and growing so quickly I swear she's larger now than she was this morning! And that is my question. She's about 3 or 4 months (got her beginning of January and they told me she was two months) and she's thirteen inches from chest to butt. I feel like she's an exceptionally large kitten but she is my first so I'm not certain. Not worried at all, kind of hoping she'll get very big!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been my experience that if they have good nutrition and as much as they want to eat, kittens do tend to be larger. Though larger means they can come into heat earlier and if they get pregnant that seems to stop any further growth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CookieNDA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, interesting. I don't know what it is with this cat but my siblings are calling her anything from serval to leopard haha. I measured her height today as well and she's nine inches to her shoulder so I don't know what's going on with her size. I'm super hoping she's an extra large kitty, but have nooo idea!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about size/length, but I usually go by weight.
I started weighing my cat Giada every Sunday morning when she was very young, to make sure she was growing fine, and I have kept this habit so far.
Same thing for my new kitten Freya, she's being weighed every Sunday morning.
What I noticed is that Freya is copying Giada's weight by the week, I mean, Freya's weight is the same of Giada's when she was the same age, every week. So I know that Freya is growing up alright, as Giada did.

The vet told me thye're perectly fit, not fat, not thin, she said they're are being perfectly fed, though the kitties think otherwise :lol: