2nd TNR & Cat Sex ID Question

BC1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Did my 2nd TNR last Wed of two 5 month old kittens. My neighbor and I have 7 ferals in our colony. Momma cat who had 3 kittens in July was TNR'd in Sept. along with a male from the colony. Aside from the kittens she was the only remaining female. Of her 3 kittens my neighbor was able to get a good look at at them and said it looked like 2 girls and a boy. The clinic I use only allows 2 at a time so we have 1 kitten remaining. Last Wed we were able to trap what we thought were 2 girls. When I picked them up 1 was a boy. They are 5 months old now and the neighborhood baby daddy who you hardly ever see has made an appearance a couple of times this week. So it is imperative that I make sure all the girls are spayed, then move on to the couple remaining boys.

Because my neighbor thought the boy was a girl I am now a little nervous and want to feel fairly comfortablethe r emaining kitten is a boy because I can't do another TNR until Jan unless anyone thinks it's a girl then I'll find a different clinic sooner. I have virtually no experience in identifying sex of cats but from my limited online searching it would seem this remaining one is a male. I'm sure it is much more obvious to you all but this is just new to me. Do you believe this 5 month old is a male? (I know nothing is 100% until a vet has them but I just want to feel pretty comfortable.)

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a boy to me, but I haev been wrong before1 I'll tag Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , she is more knowledgable. Thank you so much for making life easier fro theses little ones, I wish there were more people like you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I also think it is a male. I believe I see a scrotum sac in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BC1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both very much. I'm still trying to see if I can get into a spay/neuter clinic sooner than the Jan one I was going to do but if I can't, I feel ok about waiting until Jan in the worst case. Thanks again.