2013 Secret Santa received thread!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Betsygee. Please tell me all the gifties you received.
Oh my--I thought the photos tell the tale pretty well!  Treats and toys for kitties; chocolate, tea and mug for mom; that great calendar; a sweet hummingbird sun catcher; body scents and soaps; a cute Day of the Dead kitty keychain; a crocheted snowflake.  Did you make that, StarryEyedTiGeR?? 

Oh, and the Kitty Favorite--lots of lovely tissue paper--I left it out for them to play with and it was all over the floor by the end of the day.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They wouldn't except for the calendar.
I'm not American nor do I live in America so I don't really know what's what.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a wonderful package of goodies to come home to!  Are you okay now?
Not really. Long recovery ahead, and came home to the house a DISASTER. The bedroom looks like a thrift store, thanks to hubby............ He refuses to sleep in the bedroom and has been sleeping on the couch. So he thought my wheelchair could not see the bedroom but I can, I just keep the door closed. Its'awful :( I am also out of my pain meds-- but the package did cheer me up, especially the book and chocolate.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been in the hospital the past week with zero internet access. I have the box from my SS, will open shortly and share pics.

Mel
Did you miss the Internet while you were in hospital? When I was in 6 months ago I had no TV. I didn't miss it and since have watched must less than I did.
I hope you feel better quickly.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 The name of the book is A Dasher Christmas
I'm sorry again you've been in hospital with s long way to go for full recovery. And to come back to mess. And what a rotten time of the year to be ill I in. How will you celebrate Christmas?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya -  Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula

StarryEyedTiGeR - ??

Sivyaleah - cheylink

calico2222 -??

betsygee - StarryEyedTiGeR

Nebula -  ??

GoldyCat - ??

I THINK my SS is Starry Eyed Tiger, but I'm not sure...
Nope!  The most updated list is above.  Did your Santa give you any hints? 

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, here goes. I can't be a total lightsider this year because I'm driving down Christmas morning to spend the day with my mother -- without the kitties. I figured I could just kind of sneak up on the darkside. There are 12 presents in the package. Starting yesterday I'm opening three a day, so I'll finish up on Christmas Eve.

Merlin checking out the box

First thing out of the box -- kitty toys! (er, packing paper)

All the presents together, along with the three cats who weren't napping

After I took the picture I had to put the presents away. Shareena is a little too interested in the ribbons on the presents.

A card that my SS said to open immediately. Inside I've been given strict instructions. The presents are all numbered and I'm to open them in order.

Opening Saturday's presents

:yummy: :drool:

Beautiful hair ties, comb, and clips

Neko Flies mouse toy was an instant hit. Iris prefers to play with the string, which made the mouse jump all over the place for the other kitties.

Even Cali came out from under the table to attack it

I'm sure you noticed the duckbilled cat toys that were used to decorate some of the presents, one for each of my cats. I tried to get a picture of each cat with his/her namesake, but they weren't exactly cooperating with the photo op.
Iris -- "We are not amused"

Miss Patchwillow & Merlin. "Who cares about toys when I can harass the Monkey (Merlin)?

Sunday's gifts coming up soon.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Here are the pictures from today, Sunday

Miss Patchwillow checking out the lovely journal

#5 Hercules gets his own present

. . . but I think he's going to have to share

#6 This is the one Shareena wanted to play with

Tea and a fancy teabag squeezer. Miss Patchwillow doesn't really care about the tea. She just wants to eat the plastic wrapper.

Dis mine?

Okay, I eat it.

Miss Patchwillow still prefers the crinkly paper

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Okay, okay, the gifts are all awesome so far but can we please take a minute to focus on this picture?!?!?!? I mean seriously, she is trying to maul him! I'm trying to laugh quietly because my neighbors have a new baby and it's midnight but every time I see it I fall into a fit of giggles all over again! 

Just out of reach Merlin, Lucky for you!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Miss Patchwillow width: 500px; height: 331px">
[/URL]

:lol3:  Okay, okay, the gifts are all awesome so far but can we please take a minute to focus on this picture?!?!?!? I mean seriously, she is trying to maul him! I'm trying to laugh quietly because my neighbors have a new baby and it's midnight but every time I see it I fall into a fit of giggles all over again! :flail:

That would be a yes. :lol3: She was trying to smack him when he stuck his nose in her space. Fortunately, Merlin ducks fast. Too bad I didn't have the video going on this one.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got a short video of Shareena playing with the Neko Flies mouse. I couldn't figure out how to post it on YouTube so I put it on her FB page. I'm going to attempt to link to that but no guarantees that you'll be able to see it.

Shareena video

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Okay, okay, the gifts are all awesome so far but can we please take a minute to focus on this picture?!?!?!? I mean seriously, she is trying to maul him! I'm trying to laugh quietly because my neighbors have a new baby and it's midnight but every time I see it I fall into a fit of giggles all over again! 

Great picture!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DANG!! I've been wanting to be a first time dark sider--now my package has arrived and I'm going out and don't have time to open it tonight!!! Aaarrrggghhh..... Lol.

Oh my gosh!  This was amazing. 

Ozzy was my only helper--Rico had scored a patch of sun to lie in and wasn't about to give it up and other kitties were nowhere around, but that's okay, Ozzy got first chance at the loot!

One of the scents is called "Toasted Marshmallow", it's amazing! And a Day of the Dead kitty.  Awesome!

And there was more--

Thank you so much, this was all just so lovely!  :heart4:  

PS---I looooooooove chili chocolate!  :bigwink:

Oh, I left out some!  Some yummy smelling patchouli soaps and body mists, and check out the design on the back of the soap:

Beautiful gifts :clap:   l even love the felty characters on the box.

And if l were you, l'd be looking forward to February in the man calendar, reoowwwrr.

We've been adding our SSs to the growing list, but you can tease us if you like :lol3:

nurseangel - yayi

Pollýanna - Sivyaleah

parsleysage - GoldyCat

Andrya -  Natalie_ca

Natalie_ca - Andrya

cheylink - Nebula

StarryEyedTiGeR - ??

Sivyaleah - cheylink

calico2222 -??

betsygee - StarryEyedTiGeR
Ah-ha.  Okay, I added it in.    :-)   Well, I guess I can't pick up the wrapping yet--

Lunch!! :-)

Betsygee. Please tell me all the gifties you received.
Oh my--I thought the photos tell the tale pretty well!  Treats and toys for kitties; chocolate, tea and mug for mom; that great calendar; a sweet hummingbird sun catcher; body scents and soaps; a cute Day of the Dead kitty keychain; a crocheted snowflake.  Did you make that, StarryEyedTiGeR?? 

Oh, and the Kitty Favorite--lots of lovely tissue paper--I left it out for them to play with and it was all over the floor by the end of the day.  :lol3:

Yay!!! I'm so glad everything arrived safe and sound! (I wrapped a few things in baggies just in case any of the bodycare goodies leaked during transit.) So very glad you like everything; I had such a great time playing SS for you! :D (Sorry for the late response, it's been a crazy couple of days here!)

I'm loving all of the terrific pictures you took of everything! Looks like the kitties enjoyed everything too!

(Also, I didn't make your snowflake ornament lol! It'd be a matted mess of crochet yarn! I bought several of your goodies from small businesses off of Etsy (I think I put their cards in with some of the goodies in case you wanted to know where they came from!) :heart2:

Last edited: