2 questions, scratching and shy kitty.

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First my cat Max is 5 months old, we have 2 scratchers, one in the livingroom and 1 in the laundry room where his food and litter box is. However he very much likes to scratch my carpet. There is a big whole by the door in my daughters room because he dug out all the fibers, it's covers with tape right now till we can fix it. He likes to sleep in my room at night, he it always waking me up because he's scrstching at the floor, and also at my mattress. Thankfully he prefers his cheap card board scratcher so I plan to get one for my room and maybe another for the living room. Is ther anything else I can do to discourage this?

My 2nd question is about my cat Ollie, he is 9 weeks old. We have had him for 2 weeks. He comes around sometimes, and plays with Max often. He seems shy though, he doesn't really like to come in the living room if we are all in there, he waits till it's just me. He does let the kids pet him, and he purs and purs when i pick him up or feed him. He runs from my 2 yr old, who isn't mean or rough but really does like to love on the kitties, but often I see him in my older daughters bed at night. Do you think he just not as social as Max(who wanted to be around us all the time till Ollie cam along) or is he scared?

kittycatkate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 - relocate the behavior. Buy him a carpeted cat post! Use cat nip to encourage him to use it.

2 - some cats prefer to be around one or two people at a time. My first cat was this way. He used to sit by the stairs and wait for people to leave when they were over. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcatmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He sort if does that, he likes to hang out by the laundry room door, or by the 2 steps next to it where he can see into the living room. I don't want to force him to hang out with us, but I want him to trust us and bond with us too. I'll just keep giving him attention when he comes out on his own terms