1st Vet Appt

Lisa911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten went to the vet for first time and ended up getting ear mite treatment in ears, some med between shoulder blades and shots, and dewormer....well now he only wants to lay down. He want get up and he just looks at me when I talk to him...hes so playful and a talker usually...is this normal?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello @Lisa11, welcome to TCS :wave3:

It's pretty normal for a cat to behave this way after vaccinations. Some might have a slight fever too and don't worry if he's not active or talkative or have any appetite to eat. He'll be back to his old self in a day or two.

Please introduce yourself and your kitty to the community in 'New Cats on the Block' under the Social Forums and do post more photos of your kitty and also tell us his name too. We love photos here :camera:

Feel free to ask questions and do check out the site for its rich contents :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisa911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness, thank you both for answering me. I really love him and I was worried about him. His name is Gideon and he is so sweet and so smart too❤

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was my kitten after her first visit at the vets after all the shots ! She didn't move all night . They are never that bad for the following shots !

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisa911

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gideon is feeling better this morning. He is back to stalking the dog lol