18 Year Old With Fluid In Abdomen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
fluid in abdomen in ny 18 year old? He's not well and won't get up. Do you think he'll pass on his own ?

myrnafaye

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why would you want him to pass on his own if he cannot get up? Shouldnt you consider allowing him to pass in your arms, peacefully, with help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's in pain meds and comfortable but would rather him pass on his own in his bed than being euthanized. Going tomorrow morning . He was fine all night and today he's not good.

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd rather him go on his own at home. He's not suffering and on pain meds. Going tomorrow morning tho. He's been okay except today

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may need your help to cross the bridge. Maybe your vet can come to your house? I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I would have loved for my Tiger to pass away at home warm in his bed, but he got sick suddenly and he just couldn't go on his own. It's a tough decision, but cats do hide pain well. I'd take him into the vet if he's not better by tomorrow or have your vet come to your house.

laura mae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think he will pass easily on his own. Fluid build up will lead to scary for your cat distress with breathing or heart

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We put him down this morning

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. We'll close the thread now, and we invite you to post a tribute to your kitty in our Crossing the Bridge forum. Crossing the Bridge

EDIT: Evan's Crossing the Bridge thread is here: Our Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.