Our Evan

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 18 yr old Evan crossed today . I'm so heartbroken over this and can't stop crying. I miss his purring in my ears. And how he still reached for me to pet him as he was just lying there. He'll was the coolest cat. His favorite was to be vaccumed :(

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 18 yr old Evan crossed today . I'm so heartbroken over this and can't stop crying. I miss his purring in my ears. And how he still reached for me to pet him as he was just lying there. He'll was the coolest cat. His favorite was to be vaccumed :(
I lost my kitty today too. I know you miss Evan but you will get through this. It is ok to cry, I think. Others have you in their prayers, I have you in my heart, maybe Evan can meet my baby. GL. Mark

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of Evan. I know it is so hard. He really let you vacuum him, with a regular vacuum? That is a really cool cat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course it's OK to cry, your heart is hurting. You have lost a member of your family that has shared 18 years of your life. 18 years of love and companionship, but never long enough..... Your Evan lived a long, loved life. He knew he was loved and wanted and that is all he ever needed. The body grows weak and tired, but that bond you have formed with him is strong and will never be taken from you.
We have them in our lives for but a short while, know he followed your life's journey and will continue to parallel that same path along a different road, until one day that road crosses once more. He was in your life for a reason. The joy and laughter he brought to your life can never be duplicated, they are more precious than gold. It would have been far more tragic to have never known him at all. So even though your heart is heavy and the tears fall with your pain, try to celebrate his life, not dwell on his death. He would never want you to be so sad, he loves you too much for that. Take care of yourself, I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP sweet Evan, the joy you brought into the heart of the one who misses you so dearly is priceless, the pain that dwells there now is as deep as the love that was felt for you. Please let your pure light shine down and bring comfort, bring a kiss on the summer breeze to dry those tears. Sleep tight little Prince, may you enjoy an eternity of pleasant dreams!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry for the loss of Evan. I know it is so hard. He really let you vacuum him, with a regular vacuum? That is a really cool cat.
Yes every time I had it out he'd come over to me so I'd vaccume him with the nozzel

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I am crying over Evan. Thanks, I think. He looks like a nice kitty. I will show him to the wife next time she goes by.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her main comment was "he was awfully white". Stewart did not like us paying attention to another cat. So, stuck his nose in too. But, Evan looked very pretty, you were lucky to have such a pretty boy.

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes every time I had it out he'd come over to me so I'd vaccume him with the nozzel
Now I am crying over Evan. Thanks, I think. He looks like a nice kitty. I will show him to the wife next time she goes by.
i tried to post a video of him being vaccumed it won't let me

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you can post the video. That sounds so cool. I wish my cats would let me vacuum them, but the noise would scare them.

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, I hope you can post the video. That sounds so cool. I wish my cats would let me vacuum them, but the noise would scare them.
When I go onto my computer later I'll try and do it I'm so bummed it won't let me

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...."Our" Evan....the word "our" says it all, all those beautiful things that DiAndBob put so eloquently in post #5. Evan was such a spectacular kitty! We lost my disabled daughter's cat, Christy, last fall - it was a comfort to know that she lived long enough to be of voting age (also 18yrs). I know that your future path won't be easy (we still grieve, despite the comfort of having her buried in our backyard, with those globe color-changing solar lights blinking through the night) but please know that it does get better. I say this after having buried a husband, 2 nephews, 2 brothers and my unborn son in addition to 3 horses, numerous kitties and the best dog that I will ever have; the best suggestions that I have for you is to grieve as much as you need, don't hesitate to reach out to anyone of us here at TCS (including via PM), and be alert for another kitty in need (We wound up adopting another kitty whose owner is going into hospice; the cat was over 200 miles away so I drove a "CA turn-around" one night. In a succession of rare events, the cat had 5 kittens barely a month later - she had gotten out a couple of times by accident by the other lady's caregivers, then my vet had to delay the spay surgery to May 2 and the babies were born April 29 so I guess these kittens were 'meant to be'. The new cat immediately bonded to my daughter, and as an experienced companion cat, knew right away when my daughter was going into seizure as well as when a migraine is going to strike - my dad taught that the ancestors said that those who have lived before are over in Heaven with those yet to be born so I like to think that Christy was in Heaven with the new babies).
Thank you for the pictures of handsome Evan - the entire TCS family here mourns your loss. ~Susan

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Evan, dream you deep. You walk in your family's heart forever.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He was beautiful and looked like he had a very cool personality. I'll bet my Meela will seek him out. My white cats stuck together. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please keep in mind that you had 18 glorious years of memories. Many happy I suspect. Right now the pain will over shadow them..but in time you will smile at those memories instead of crying at his loss even though it Will hurt for a long time. He would want you smiling when you remember him. You will get there in time. Hugs to you.

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i tried to post a video of him being vaccumed it won't let me
Oh how sweet. Thank you for the photos. I am sorry you had to lose your boy. He looks very huggable. It's a wonderful thing to bond with an animal. I hope your memories will comfort you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a sweetheart, I am so sorry that your time with that cutie pie ran out but 18 years is a long time but it is never enough to us.....Deb and I have thought many times to get an all white cat and name it "Snowball", but I doubt that will happen, as we have 9 now and we aren't getting younger but if we did we would take one who looked just like him, he was so cute.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, so sorry for the loss, God Bless.......:alright:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge condolences! A million hugs :grouphug::grouphug: :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

Absolutely lovely looking cat! I have two white kitties myself. Many best wishes, and I am sure he is looking down at you fondly.