TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
18 year old cat not well laying and breathing heavy while purring

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could kitty have eaten something toxic? Could kitty have gotten overheated? How soon can you get kitty to the doctor?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At that age, I would think anything out of the ordinary would require a Vet visit. Hope everything is okay

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A vet visit is best for a cat this age. It could be so many things, a lot of them simple, some difficult. But at that age, you just can't take chances! Keep us posted on this, PLEASE!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well he had a tooth pulled last week and since then he had gone down hill for a few days Dr said he has lymphoma which we knew and had been treating with a steroid for actually three years now and helped tremendously ! Been syringe feeding him and he's actually gotten significantly better. But was weird when I went to feed him tonight he did like this loud purring and breathing for a few minutes it scared me. He seems better now just wish he'd eat. He seems very interested then when he gets it doesn't want it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taraw21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could kitty have eaten something toxic? Could kitty have gotten overheated? How soon can you get kitty to the doctor?
no def didnt eat something . read reply below :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah...is this the same boy from your other threads? Sweetie, at his age, all sorts of odd things begin to happen. It happens to us, too. Unless he seems to be in pain, or really weak or throwing up, just continue feeding him and loving him as he begins the final part of his journey through life. I hope someone cares about me as much when I reach that point on my own path as you care about him.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your kitty is sick, I know how helpless you can feel when you don't know what to do to help your little friend.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How long have you needed to syringe feed him? Just since his dental, or before that? It could be that he's feeling a bit nauseated and that's why he seems to show an interest in the food, but won't eat it on his own. Is he being treated for the Lymphoma? On any anti-nausea meds? Or on an appetite enhancer? Is he keeping his food down when you syringe feed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.