10 week old kittens suckling each other suddenly/Rowdy behavior noticed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jet460

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's always a possibility, but this house is pretty cat proof. I don't leave garbage around for them to get in to. I'll keep an eye on him, for sure. No vomiting as of yet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you separate him to monitor what he leaves in the litter box?

jet460

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, he is scarfing down some dry food right now.
Maybe he just wasn't hungry and felt like staring at me?
I'll just keep an eye on him.

They have 3 litter boxes. hard to really tell who does what.

jet460

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 months must be like a 13th birthday or something.
One felony after another.
2 boys, one girl all from the same litter.
Extremely aggressive behavior, and out of control rampaging at night.
They destroy everything they can get to, including knocking over everything, climbing curtains, etc.
They also are beginning to ball up up and fight with ears back and claws out.
I am here 24/7 and nurture them to a fault.
I try to keep them up during the day and before I go to bed I try to wear them out with a fishing pole toy or a laser pointer.
The water pistol break up fights, but only for a minute.
Raising my voice does not phase them, like they go deaf.
Was so bad last night right after I went to bed, I had to put them in the carrier for an hour to calm them down.
They are scheduled for spay/neuter in a month.
Not sure if I can wait that long, or if will even help.
I think getting 3 was a mistake.
They are a bad influence on one another.
I have taken 1 or 2 at a time before and never had anything close to this level of crazy behavior.
I know they are nocturnal, but this is just off the charts.
Hard to believe a 3 lb animal can sound like a human slamming against a wall.
Sounds like a bar fight at times.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yes... This will calm down, I'm pretty sure. I remember a phase where my boy was pretty wild. I remember when I'd go to bed I'd be a bit anxious because I was waiting to hear things breaking. He was just into everything, extra stubborn (and fake-deaf like you said). Getting them fixed is never a bad idea, especially because they are going to be sexually maturing here soon. Plus, if in their wildness, they ever slip out a door... Cats do often sound like a herd of horses running through the house sometimes. Our boy still loves running from one end of the house to the other and slamming his front paws into the windows at either end. He's also knocked over chairs while doing it. Just try to keep the faith! Our wild boy has gotten much better. Now we just have a couple days here and there where he's a bit of a rascal.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hormones are probaly kicking in and I have heard of kittens getting pregnant as young as 4mt. If her heats are starting the boys will fight.

Everything else just sounds like high energy kittens. Put away anything important to you. They are stupid fearless and might be until over a yr old.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
4 months must be like a 13th birthday or something.
One felony after another.
2 boys, one girl all from the same litter.
Extremely aggressive behavior, and out of control rampaging at night.
They destroy everything they can get to, including knocking over everything, climbing curtains, etc.
I am here 24/7 and nurture them to a fault.
I try to keep them up during the day and before I go to bed I try to wear them out with a fishing pole toy or a laser pointer.
The water pistol break up fights, but only for a minute.
Raising my voice does not phase them, like they go deaf.
Was so bad last night right after I went to bed, I had to put them in the carrier for an hour to calm them down.
They are scheduled for spay/neuter in a month.
Not sure if I can wait that long, or if will even help.
I think getting 3 was a mistake.
They are a bad influence on one another.
I have taken 1 or 2 at a time before and never had anything close to this level of crazy behavior.
I know they are nocturnal, but this is just off the charts.
Hard to believe a 3 lb animal can sound like a human slamming against a wall.
Sounds like a bar fight at times.
Keep searching for anywhere that can take them early to be fixed. They are old enough to mate. Can you keep the girl in a separate room?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, then. A couple of things. First, a 4-month-old kitten is the equivalent of a 6-year-old child. Ever watch a playground full of kids that age? They are WILD! And are at home, as well. Perpetual motion machines. They will calm down...later. Second, if there is no blood on the floor, or undue fur in the air, they are not fighting, no matter what it looks like to you. ALL play in cats is practice for The Hunt.

Also, ditch the water pistol. It won't do any good, and will only make them wary of you. They figure out where the water is coming from pretty fast.

Yes, look into getting them spayed/neutered ASAP. They're probably getting hormone-y now, even if they are not quite ready to mate. And cat have absolutely no moral injunctions about mating with a littermate. AND, if you get this done sooner, rather than later, you'll decrease your chances of coming here asking, "How do I get rid of the smell when they spray" to about 0!