1 y/o cat licked Petarmor Plus off his fur

harperd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I applied petarmor plus liquid flea and tick killer between my cat Junior's shoulder blades, but it didn't quite absorb all the way into his skin and a bit went into his fur. I was throwing the applicator away and when I came back, he had scratched the spot I put the liquid on at and then licked the application spot. He had a repulsed look on his face and started to look like, as well as I can describe, trying to spit it out or get it off his tongue by scraping it along his teeth or mouth. I tried to get him to drink water, he did albeit not much. He hasn't had any convulsions, foaming at the mouth, nor any other visible adverse reactions. He's currently lying under my bed. What should I do? Thanks in advance

yelloweyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The manufacturer has this contact info on their site. Maybe this will help?
  1. WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT PetArmor®?
    For any questions regarding PetArmor®products, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-800-224-7387.

PetArmor® Plus Flea & Tick Topical for Cats

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Contacting the manufacturer is a good idea. The ingestion of liquid flea meds is on a sliding scale which ranges from showing distaste, drooling, and possible vomiting to more serious side effects, but is very much dependent on how much was consumed. If your cat does not seem to be moving on from this, call your vet. They may be able to discuss this over the phone depending on their experience with this product.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harperd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The manufacturer has this contact info on their site. Maybe this will help?
  1. WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT PetArmor®?
    For any questions regarding PetArmor®products, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-800-224-7387.

PetArmor® Plus Flea & Tick Topical for Cats
Thank you! :rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harperd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Contacting the manufacturer is a good idea. The ingestion of liquid flea meds is on a sliding scale which ranges from showing distaste, drooling, and possible vomiting to more serious side effects, but is very much dependent on how much was consumed. If your cat does not seem to be moving on from this, call your vet. They may be able to discuss this over the phone depending on their experience with this product.
Thankfully, he has since been moving around, ate food and now he's lying with me on my bed. He doesn't seem unwell, just a bit sleepy but that's not unusual for him ever since he was neutered. If I recall correctly, flea and tick meds do have the possibility of making a cat tired for the first day or two post application. Thank you for your help!:catrub: