Strange question [possably NSFW]

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have a question that may or may not be a bit NSFW so remove if needed...

Bond has been trying to have sex with Indy, he forcably mounting her and biting her neck just like he was trying to get her pregnant both cats are fixed luckily but heres something im not sure of. I am working on getting him to leave her alone its a process.

Can male cats still produce semen if they are fixed? I found some of what looked like it on Indy's tail. But both cats are fixed. But it certainly looked like semen.

Last edited by a moderator:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're not alone, it's even been asked before here. ;)
I have an 8yr old that still tries to mount his 'little sister's and have his way with her.😒 Luckily she fights him off when he tries getting frisky with her. And he was fixed at approximately 6mo of age.
Good times

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All I know you can do is get his hormone levels checked. Even if for some reason he is still producing sperm, if Indy is spayed it won't cause a pregnancy. There is something not quite right here, and if you don't have Bond evaluated by a vet, you won't find out.

If Indy is bothered by it, your best bet is to keep them separated until you can get Bond checked out. After that, if you want to stop the behavior, you will have to implement steps to deter him from doing so. It requires consistency and patience, meaning that you have to intervene when Bond goes after Indy,, pick him up and say 'No' or hiss in his face and confine him for a minute or two. Repeat, repeat, repeat for as long as it takes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Bond was at the vet last week. He was neutered in march actualy. Not sure if that means he still has hormones or not.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would think the hormones would be out of his system by now. I was suggesting that there may have tissue left behind after the neutering that is still allowing hormone production. It can happen to female cats so I just figured it could happen to males too. Otherwise, if Bond has been doing this for quite a while now, it could be a habit that needs to be broken.