Does she look like some sort of Bengal mix?

Catsluva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! New here 🙋🏻‍♀️

question: what breed/ mix do we think she is? She has really big paws and ears and a spotted tummy.
IMG_9123.jpeg
IMG_9074.jpeg
IMG_9018.jpeg
IMG_9254.jpeg

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a tabby cat. (My favorite kind of cat! :) )
Tabbies come in several different variations: Striped, swirled, spotted and ticked.
I'd say she's a mix. I see a little bit of everything. Most tabbies have spots on their bellies even if they aren't the spotted variety.

Her paws and ears might look too big for her body because she's in the proverbial "growing into her body" phase. Legs, paws, ears, head, tail and body often grow at different rates and that makes things look out of proportion but, with time, she'll grow up and everything should become the right size for her body. It's just a phase of development.

You've got a super cute, mixed tabby and I like her color, too! :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a Domestic Shorthair (DSH) with a tabby pattern. I can't see enough of her sides to be sure, but it may be a classic tabby pattern. As Caspers Human Caspers Human said, spots on the belly are typical of most tabbies, with the exception of some ticked tabbies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with the others, a nice tabby-patterned cat... IF she has some Ancestry of something less usual, we will perhaps see it with time. She will be counted as beautiful domestic anyway!

Nay, the only real question is these reddish fields on her forebrow. Is it reddish for real, or is it the warm brown nuance common in brown / black tabbies??

If its reddish for real, she may be a tortie + tabby, ie a torbie...

Has any of her foot pads a reddish coloring, while the others are black? Also, if her eyes turn to green, this too may be a hint.
Because green eyes are fairly common with torties, but uncommon among moggies...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catsluva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's a tabby cat. (My favorite kind of cat! :) )
Tabbies come in several different variations: Striped, swirled, spotted and ticked.
I'd say she's a mix. I see a little bit of everything. Most tabbies have spots on their bellies even if they aren't the spotted variety.

Her paws and ears might look too big for her body because she's in the proverbial "growing into her body" phase. Legs, paws, ears, head, tail and body often grow at different rates and that makes things look out of proportion but, with time, she'll grow up and everything should become the right size for her body. It's just a phase of development.

You've got a super cute, mixed tabby and I like her color, too! :)
Thanks! Good to know about the proportions lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catsluva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree with the others, a nice tabby-patterned cat... IF she has some Ancestry of something less usual, we will perhaps see it with time. She will be counted as beautiful domestic anyway!

Nay, the only real question is these reddish fields on her forebrow. Is it reddish for real, or is it the warm brown nuance common in brown / black tabbies??

If its reddish for real, she may be a tortie + tabby, ie a torbie...

Has any of her foot pads a reddish coloring, while the others are black? Also, if her eyes turn to green, this too may be a hint.
Because green eyes are fairly common with torties, but uncommon among moggies...
Thanks! Can’t wait to see what she’ll look like in a few months.

Her foot pads are all dark or black, not reddish at all. And her eyes look grey, not sure if that will change with time either.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Also, if her eyes turn to green, this too may be a hint.
StefanZ StefanZ I think this may be a regional thing. I've found that green eyes in moggies are very common where I am. The cats I've had with green eyes include Black & White, Black Smoke & White, Blue, Blue & White, Blue Smoke & White, and Brown Patched Tabby. One of my friends has a solid black cat with brilliant green eyes. The only ones of mine that don't have green eyes are the Red Tabbies.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Green eyes seem to be really common in my part of the UK. Both DSH classic tabbies my family's owned had green eyes, and both were males, hence not torbie. Also, her eyes look like they're still changing colour from kitten blue rather than being a typical adult cat green colour, so they might yet turn brown or yellow.

My vote is on tabby with no sex-linked red. The reddish around her ears and nose is within the normal brown tabby range and looks more symmetrical than I'd expect from a torbie.

All that said, she's a cutie pie! :welcomesign: Catsluva Catsluva and your gorgeous kitten.