mucus plug or just poop? And is she close to Birth?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If its poop you should be able to smell...
My guess its mucus plug, with some blood in... This can go off hours before delivery, but may go off even 2 weeks before.

Has your cat dropped, ie suddenly seems less pregnant? They usually do drop about 2 days before delivery....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Greenbean00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Started noticing the dropped belly yesterday, today she seemed alittle different, her belly hair has really shed away, and she's accepting affection from the other cats today, even rolled over to show me her belly (our cats are outdoors, it's out of the norm for her to accept a good lick from her mother)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Started noticing the dropped belly yesterday, today she seemed alittle different, her belly hair has really shed away, and she's accepting affection from the other cats today, even rolled over to show me her belly (our cats are outdoors, it's out of the norm for her to accept a good lick from her mother)
So its very near now. one or two day.

Good she become pal with the other cats, but does she have somewhere to be separate from them? When having babies they can become very touchy - esp if the other cats arent best friends.

And yeah, typical is they accept belly rubs, even the cats whom usually doesnt like belly touched... Do it, its nice and good massage for them, if nothing else.