Pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens have been using the litter box since wendsday and all fully litter boxed trained now they still enjoy canned food but won't eat it out of a shallow bowl/plate they will only eat it off my finger not sure why. They are eating from a bottle 5 times a day ...

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question is 4 tablespoons a lot for them to eat in one feeding.. like each kitten eats 4 tablespoons each per feeding and 16x5=80 so I go through 80 tablespoons of formula in one day is this to much ??

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last question and I'm sorry for asking so many questions

Willow is losing fur on his legs I'm not sure why and it's starting to make me nervous the other kittens have nice thick fur on their legs and he doesn't does anyone know why ???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens will eventually eat from a dish. That is not too much food. Growing kittens need lots to eat.

Does the kitten have urine burn? I would rinse the legs in warm water, dry them, and apply coconut oil for protection. The fur loss could be from urine burn or dry skin. Hopefully it does not get worse or occur in the others. If it continues I would consult a vet.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will try that thanks

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Willow is dying and there's nothing I can Do I feel really bad he has been sick since birth he seemed to be improving but he really wasnt i cant go to any vets i dont know if he was A seizure but he was shaking really bad , he cant stand or walk he cant lift his head he can barely meow now i dont know what else to do i have done everything i can to help but nothing helps im feel even more stupid

Also I know no one will care but I just want you to know I was gonna kms but when willow was born my mind changed he has been what's keeping me alive with him I feel unstoppable and feel like i have a purpose now I'm back where I started i try and try but it's never enough ... sorry for bothering you

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this normal sorry for the pics but I'm hopeless

20240324_222139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read about Willow. Don't blame yourself; you did everything that you could and in litters there is sadly one that might not survive. My avatar had three sisters, but one of them passed on at an early point.

These kittens and the other animals you help all need you and you definitely have a purpose.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My one cat got out of the house for 2 days and came back today at 11:30pm and I noticed her butt is different but in a concerning way sorry for the pics didn't want to disturb anyone
20240330_001010.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is not spayed then she probably mated with a tom cat. How about getting her spayed now in early days so she does not have a litter? This would be the way to go to stop the cycle.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will ask my family if they will get her spayed when I asked a few weeks ago my family said no bc it cost a lot

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for being gone so long here's an update

I kept two of the kittens from the litters I was raising up they are doing great they love to go for walks they are learning some commands and every stranger loves them they listen really well

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is this the same cat that you've posted about in this thread?

New Born Kittens are tiny and lethargic

It sounds as if you really need to get your pets spayed and neutered. It's not good for them to keep having litters and it must be very upsetting for you to deal with kittens dying.

Are you old enough to take the cats to the vet by yourself? Do you need help finding a low cost spay and neuter clinic?

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey sorry for the confusion this is my other cat , this is her first litter and I try and tell my mom to get them spayed but she Complains it's too much I'm taking my two kittens to get spayed very soon

But its like I can't pay for every cat my siblings wanna get they get all these Pets and don't even take care of them so everything is left for me to do how there is 4 (9 month old kittens ) 2 (11 week old kittens ) 2 (5 week old kittens) and 6 newborn born kittens) if I payed 35 for all of these cats only for them to get more it's worthless I take very good care of my pets I go above and beyond for them and then my family with their pets is just sad all they they don't do nothing right for them I have asthma myself and I'm owning cats (but cleaning one litter Box doesn't bother my asthma it's when too have to clean 4 or 5 anyways the point in typing all of this was if you don't want the full responsibility don't get pets I make 200 a week which is enough to provide for my pets but ik thats not enough to provide for all of the cats/kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you call around to area shelters to see if 1) they offer low cost services or 2) they might take some of these cats in and fix, vaccinate, and rehome them for you?

Is their a way to stop your siblings from taking in cats they are not caring for?

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To your question... No there's not bc my mom will just say it's not fair I can have all the pets I want but they can't

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called some places they do spay and neuter 30$ per cat the more cats you get more discounts but my family is not gonna let me spay or neuter them bc the after care they claim is to much work

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Then your mom should help take responsibility for the pets she allows your younger siblings to bring in.

And after spay and neuter surgery care is not much work at all. Most heal quickly with no problems.