New Born Kittens are tiny and lethargic

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So... last time I was here was a while ago I told yall about my other pregnant kitten/cat daisy ... she had her kittens today and tbh I'm not sure if their gonna survive there is a total of 6 2 boys and 4 girls she being a good mom and laying down with them but there is one problem there here to early and they are extremely little they can't even really cry yet they can't really move either ( like I mean sqirm) which is a sign of being healthy )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is 2 that are a good size but the rest are really little here an example the only two males

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So... last time I was here was a while ago I told yall about my other pregnant kitten/cat daisy ... she had her kittens today and tbh I'm not sure if their gonna survive there is a total of 6 2 boys and 4 girls she being a good mom and laying down with them but there is one problem there here to early and they are extremely little they can't even really cry yet they can't really move either ( like I mean sqirm) which is a sign of being healthy )
Risk is the little ones are goners. But if you wish to give them a chance, you must be active; including you probably need to handfeed them.
Its often so, weak kittens even if they ARE able to suckle, are too weak. But a few days of hand feeding makes them stronger, and after this they can suckle.

Anyways, momma taking care of their body functions makes it easier for you, even if you raise them up by handfeeding.

Its always good to take their weight every day, best in grammes. This way you know immediately if they add and how much, or if they dont add...

Do you have access too kmr or goats milk? needleless syringe / dropper? Train some, its a little tricky.... And begin ASAP.

In a pinch you can use human mother milk replacement, just dilute it less.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To answer your question ... I have kitten bottles I have a set of 6 I had some kmr and used the rest on my last litter and I asked my.mom and if she could take me to the store and she said yea but then asked what's it's for and when I told her kmr she told me no and that the kittens and mom will figure it out even if all of them have go die to figure it out

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mix up sugar or honey water and give it to the tiny kittens. Then please find someone to take you to get KMR or pick it up and bring it to you.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did some sugar and water thx for telling me and my mom told me no kmr at all or I'm in trouble

I put all of them on a nipple one of her nipples in weird like still the same size before pregnancy so that's ones no use but the others work just fine I been watching them to make sure their eating good and going to the bathroom (getting stimulated) they seem to have a very hard time latching on like they can't get the whole nipple in their mouth but I will keep trying

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have any evaporated milk in the house? If so, you can use that an add an egg yolk, a sprinkle of sugar and pinch of salt and mix it up. Feed lukewarm but refrigerate between feedings. You’ll also need an eye dropper or tiny syringe to feed the kittens. They likely will not suckle right away.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I got all of them on a nipple currently and helping the weak ones latch on

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had them yesterday at Exactly 8 weeks pregnant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you mentioned they were early in your original post. Preemie kittens have a hard time surviving.

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question... she gave birth yesterday but she is bleeding really heavy should I be worried or is this normal

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She bleeding a lot and meows as if she's in pain but I don't understand what is wrong ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She needs emergency care if she is bleeding heavily. Something is clearly wrong inside her uterus. Please seek vet help!

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried to but no one listens to me my mom said it's normal bc she bled when she had kids but I try explaining to her it's different for cats she said just wait 3 or 4 weeks she will stop bleeding so I called the vet they said I should bring her in and I explained that to my family but no one cares 😔

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She bleeding a lot and meows as if she's in pain but I don't understand what is wrong ?
red colored discharge is very common. But if its living blood its serious. An ER vet seems to be necessary! Or your usual vet whom is cheaper - but ASAP

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep cleaning her up bc the kittens can't stay covered in blood

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
20240518_175846.jpg
i
It looks like this after i cleaned her up i wiped her belly with just water and dried her off so the kittens stay warm but all her belly fur was bloody i cleaned her all up so she should be good now 🤞 I know ima have to wipe her belly again

Destinee1022

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does that type of blood look normal ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In small amounts, yes, cats bleed a little after giving birth, but A LOT of red blood indicates something is wrong. We need to know how much she is bleeding red blood - - a teaspoonful? Tablespoons full? Does it stop or is it continuous?