Zylkene

TobyK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone here tried Zylkene? A vet I spoke to thought I should try it to help calm my cats down (redirected aggression). I saw some posts on a UK forum that were very positive. I'm just curious to see if anyone here has tried it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't, but I did find a couple of things that might help you:
Zylkene - A Remedy for Stress Relief for Dogs and Cats give good information on the drug, dosages, etc.

Here on TCS I found these threads:
Does anyone have experience with Zylkene? FHS kitty.
Cat Will Not Stop Attacking
I Feel Like A Total Failure

The links will take you directly to the post that you need. There were a lot of others, as well, but I just linked the ones by people here that I know are experienced and knowledgeable. I certainly hope that this gives you the information that you need!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobyK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've used Zylkene on timid/nervous dogs and cats at the shelter, and it does seem to help them (dogs a bit more than cats), so it's worth a try. It's one of those things that you usually have to give for a couple of weeks before you see a real behavioral change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobyK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've used Zylkene on timid/nervous dogs and cats at the shelter, and it does seem to help them (dogs a bit more than cats), so it's worth a try. It's one of those things that you usually have to give for a couple of weeks before you see a real behavioral change.
Thanks. One of the things I couldn't get out of stuff on the web was how long (on an average) it took to take affect.