Zoey keeps eating her toys!!!

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'd rather have my cat chewing on something made of animal fur over plastic. Not to say that I endorse fur or fur wearing. But in the least it is something that is natural to a feline's digestion. Maybe not a house cat's...but.. Plastic is natural to nothing! My cats similarly chew off the fur on their meeces. This doesn't really concern me, because that's what the toys are for, designed for, and I haven't run in to any problems. When I clean up under the couch or in a rarely used closet I often find mice in various states of deconstruction. A lot of the times they are completely furless, just the black plastic (oh gah, plastic) shell. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the dyes used.
While on the topic of cats eating things they shouldn't.. I once heard that clumping cat litter is bad for cats because when they lick their fur they ingest it. And due to it's clumping nature it can build up inside them or something like that. Anyone have any information about that?

salemsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one idea you might like to try is get thoes minature whiffle balls ((about the size of ping pong balls with holes in it)) and try putting somthing that rattles inside it. The put the whiffle ball rattle inside a mettal ball case ((it's like a cage about the size of a softball)) and attach a fuzzy tail to it. My kittens all go nuts over it when i toss it on the floor. Of course they also go nuts over my shoes too... is that normal?

~ Salem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose I would rather have her eat fur than plastic.

She is having the most fun right now with her ping pong balls
she likes them much better than those whiffle ball type things with bells in them. I think because the ping pong balls are very light, and they fly around the house with ease