Zodiac spot on plus ... safe or not

mamacat8885

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently adopted a kitten and about a week later found another one around the same age in my backyard.  We tried to find the kitten from the backyard a new home but fell in love with him as well.  They have yet to go outside and are probably around four months old.  I believe fleas got in my house from my fathers home as he has outdoor cats and just had a huge flea infestation.  I bathed both cats with dawn dish soap and cleaned the crap out of my house I saw a decrease in the fleas on them but now they are back and instead of just being on the cats they are now on furniture I saw two on myself the other day.  My father had two zodiac spot on treatments left over from his cats so I brought them home to use on mine.  I googled zodiac spot on and was astonished at the horrible reviews they had, I even called the company and questioned the reviews and they basically didn't argue the fact that animals had died and or had seizures due to their medications they just brushed me off and said your cat may have reactions as with any topical treatment.  I was wondering if anyone here has used zodiac on their cats/kittens?  What were your results and did your cat/kitten have any adverse reactions?  My flea problem really isn't bad yet and I want to nip this in the bud now because I grew up with cats and usually every summer we bombed our house because it got so bad.  I love my kittens and hate to see them scratching and every time I try to catch the little suckers the bury themselves even deeper and get away.  Please someone help me and just reassure me that this zodiac spot on isn't going to kill my babies and if so what is the best cheaper alternative to say advantix or other expensive spot on treatments.  This flea problem comes at a bad financial time as we just saved the money to have them both fixed and get their shots so I need something that wont break the bank.

LONG STORY SHORT WILL ZODIAC KILL MY KITTENS?

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
go to the health forum here and look up zodiac spot.  it won't make you want to use it.

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/4/cat-health

you'll also find it's a low rated product on amazon - it's worth looking up the reasons.  i wouldn't consider putting it on my cat, although others may feel differently.