Ziwipeak Sodium Selenite

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, i just stumbled upon something confusing and would appreciate if any one has any answers! I recently bought my cat ziwipeak's air dried venison cat food, and i was just going through the ingredients earlier on the website, and i noted that it says the ingredients are:

Venison, Venison Tripe, Venison Heart, Venison Lung, Venison Liver, Venison Kidney, New Zealand Green Mussel, Venison Bone, Lecithin, Inulin from Chicory, Dried Kelp, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite), Salt, Preservative (Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols), Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, Taurine.

however, on the packet itself, it says that it contains Selenium Yeast. i'll attach a photo.

which is it?? is it allowed for them to put selenium yeast on the packaging when it's sodium selenite?

Thanks!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
From what I'm reading selenium yeast is a safer way to provide the required mineral.

You could contact them, --I'm thinking the packet is (hopefully) accurately listing the contents/ingredients.